Chapter 0 (Kyle)

The thrill of sneaking out of my apartment sent a rush of excitement through me. I jumped into my car and made my way to the SAT tower, the tallest building in the city, to watch the magnificent meteor shower that comes just once a year. 

(A few hours before)

      -"Pose like this. Yes. Perfect. One more time. Yes." the photographer said. "Perfect. That's it for today." he finally said, the words I wanted to hear the whole day. 

          As I returned to my car, I felt completely exhausted, I heard my manager come to me. 

      -"Hello Kyle, how are you today?" 

      -"Oh, hello manager." 

      -"I asked you to address me by my name." 

      -"Yes, certainly." Finally, I arrived home after a long day. As my driver parked the car in the parking lot, I felt a wave of relief wash over me. I stepped out of the car and made my way to the front door. Upon entering the house, I called out to my manager, Ten, asking if he could get me a glass of water. -"Ten get me a glass of water" I said in a commanding way.

      -"Why are you so two-faced? Can we just go back to when you were a bit more pleasant? Your fake side is actually pretty funny to me. Now I know, you're the best actor." 

      -"Can you just shut up and get me water!" I said to Ten. 

      After Ten had fallen asleep, I quietly got up, grabbed my cap and stealthily made my way outside. I then slipped into my car and drove to the SAT tower.

          I got out of my car to waiting for the meteor shower. As the first streaks of light appeared in the night sky, I found myself completely mesmerized. In my excitement, I accidentally took off my cap, forgetting that I was in a public place. It was only when I noticed people looking at me and taking photos. I suddenly realized my mistake.

          As I hurried through the crowd, I accidentally bumped into a girl, and to my surprise, her bracelet got caught in my sweater. -"Who are you?" I asked, but she remained silent, almost as if she didn't speak a human language. With the meteor shower becoming more intense, I made the split-second decision to run with her, as her bracelet seemed firmly stuck in my sweater. Taking her hand, we hurried away from the crowd.