Prologue

Bang Chan looked over to Changbin, who only hung his head in silence. Seungmin leaned back in his chair, folding his hands neatly in his lap. Jeongin did the same.

On the other side of the room stood Hyunjin, phone in hand, a betrayed expression on his face as he stared Felix down. Next to Hyunjin was Lee Know and Han, looking from Hyunjin to Felix in worry.

Jeongin stood from his chair, walking across the room to stand with Hyunjin. Seungmin simply watched in disbelief.

No one spoke. The air was so dense you could almost cut a slice from the still room.

Hyunjin's glare only grew the more he stared at Felix, whose hands hung to his sides in discomfort.

"Explain this, Yongbok," Hyunjin mumbled, flicking the hand his phone was in.

Felix grimaced at being called by his Korean name. It was unusual for Hyunjin to call him by his Korean name.

"That's not mine," Felix responded quietly, glancing up at Hyunjin only to be shot back down with a cold scoff.

"It clearly is," Hyunjin retorted.

Bang Chan, Changbin, and Seungmin stood from their chairs, walking over to stand with Felix. Hyunjin blinked at them.

Bang Chan rubbed the back of his neck, offering, "I don't think Felix would ever say something like that."

Seungmin hummed in agreement, planting a reassuring palm onto Felix's shoulder. Jeongin watched as Seungmin moved his hand to rub circles into Felix's back, and his facial features darkened.

"To me, it does look like he said this. It's a live video from Felix's private stream," Jeongin stated, moving to wrap an arm around Hyunjin's neck. He then moved his eyes to stare at Seungmin.

Seungmin's hand lowered from Felix, falling to his side as he watched Jeongin's actions. They both looked away from each others gaze, guilt swallowing them whole.

Lee Know turned to Han, muttering, "I didn't know Felix was like this."

Han turned to look at Lee Know, nodding curtly in response. The two shuffled closer to Hyunjin, avoiding Bang Chan's heartbroken gaze.

Changbin shot a look towards Bang Chan, causing him to press on the bill of his cap in distress. All the while, Felix stood opposite Hyunjin, fiddling with his fingers as he steadily grew unable to suppress the need to cry.

It wasn't supposed to be this way. Sides were never supposed to be picked, yet here they were.

Hyunjin sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Look, I just want to hear you apologize, Yongbok."

Felix looked up, shaking his head lightly. "I'm telling you, Hyunjin, I never said-"

"Bullcrap!" Hyunjin yelled, throwing his beanie at Felix.

Seungmin crouched to pick up the beanie after it hit Felix's face while Changbin moved closer to shield him from anything else.

"You're a fake, Yongbok!" Hyunjin cried, shoving his phone into his pocket.

Felix looked up at Hyunjin in disbelief, his bottom lip trembling as Hyunjin continued.

"I was right about you, wasn't I? You just want the attention! You don't care about the rest of us! Just wait until Seungmin, Bang Chan, or even Changbin, find one of them! How do you think you'll be protected then, huh?"

Hyunjin began to take steps toward Felix, only to be grasped by Jeongin and Han, while Lee Know ran to push him backwards a bit.

Seungmin linked his arm around Felix's as his tears began to fall, streaking down his starry-freckles. Bang Chan took a threatening step towards the group, pausing when Changbin pulled him by the arm. He then grasped Felix's arm tenderly, caressing it to try and comfort him.

Bang Chan turned his attention to Hyunjin, asking, "What the hell, Hyunjin?"

"Oh, stuff it. You're defending a gaslighter right now! There's video proof, Chan!" Hyunjin spat back, jutting his chin out.

Hyunjin's eyes traveled to Felix's watery ones. He then watched as the glistening droplets of water fell from his dull eyes. Felix looked up at Hyunjin, pleading, "Please, Hyunjin.."

Hyunjin rolled his eyes at the plea.

"Tch."

Felix suddenly stopped crying as the world around him slowed, losing all sound and motion. The only movement came from Hyunjin's lips. Words. Felix took a shaky step back as the words hit him.

"I hate you. Go kill yourself."

Felix turned to Seungmin, burying his face into his shoulder and openly beginning to cry. He wasn't ever going to be prepared for those words.

Seungmin glared at Hyunjin as he comforted Felix, making eye contact with Jeongin before he looked away.

"Hey! Hyunjin you!-" Changbin protested, stepping forward to try and get to Hyunjin.

"Changbin, wait!" Bang Chan gripped his wrist, holding him there.

Han said frantically, "Hyunjin, let's go. We'll be here tomorrow."

Hyunjin nodded, shooting a glare at the back of Felix's head. As he turned to walk away, a stab of regret wormed it's way into his chest.

He knew Felix meant what he said...

...right?