Petunia

Taehyung's back hits the rough wall and slumps against the bed when the king lets go of his neck with a violent push. The omega holds back the groan of pain that threatens to fall from his lips as he shifts his body until he is lying on the bed. The omega's lips possess a smirk, his teeth showing from between his lips before Taehyung lets out a scoff. He doesn't say anything further. He knows not to irk the king further while he does not have the upper hand. Jeongguk glowers down at him, the glare of his red irises causing goosebumps to rise on Taehyung's skin.

 The king takes a step back and the sentry who is holding the tray of food steps closer to the omega. The smell of the chicken is too disgusting to bear longer. His nose despises the smell it repulses him and makes him want to block his nose from such a foul smell, but his stomach is too empty and hurts too much. He is too hungry. His senses are having a battle of their own where his stomach craves the food and begs for it, but Taehyung is too repulsed by the smell. Taehyung's eyes move towards the sentry, glancing at the food tray in his hands and how almost rotten that piece of chicken looks. It's dull, not as white as chicken usually is, and the smell indicates the beginning of rotting, but his stomach growls for it louder and that causes the king to possess a lopsided smirk.

Taehyung hates to see that smirk on his face. He thinks it's ridiculous that the king would feel victorious over such trivial things, over his starvation. But Jeongguk does look like a person who would enjoy people's suffering and right now, the king is beyond entertained to hear the constant churning of his stomach and the pained groans that fall off his lips whenever he moves.

The sentry moves, taking a couple of steps towards him. When he is close enough, he kneels before the omega and rests the food tray down on the ground. Taehyung watches him through half-lidded eyes before his eyes fall upon the food on the ground. It's a meal consisting of rice, the same chicken with a pungent smell, and a bowl of soup with some seaweed. Taehyung swallows with difficulty, his throat still dry, as he eyes the food. The smell is not appetising, but Taehyung still reaches with a weakened arm to grab the chicken. Before Taehyung can reach for it, a palm wraps itself around his wrist, stopping him. The omega's eyes shoot up to meet the person's eyes, the sentry that placed the food in front of him.

 "Permission has not been granted," The sentry says firmly, his rough hand holding the omega's wrist in a painful grip that presses against his bones. Taehyung winces, twisting his wrist to break free from the man's grip.

Taehyung moves his eyes towards the king who is standing tall before him, hands held behind his back. Jeongguk's irises are fixated on him, watching his every move. When their eyes meet, Jeongguk raises his chin briefly before turning on his feet and walking out of the cell. The king's unannounced exit has the sentries fumbling for a moment as they are quick on their feet to turn around and follow behind the king.

Everyone leaves behind the king, except the sentry who is still clutching his wrist. Taehyung eyes the sentry suspiciously, a frown growing on his face as the sentry shifts and stands up on his feet with the omega's wrist still clutched in his hand. With a single tug on his wrist, Taehyung is pulled off the bed with force. Taehyung falls to the ground with a thud, his legs knocking over the food tray, causing the rice to spill from the bowl and causing it to clatter against the ground. Taehyung looks up at the sentry abruptly, pushing his upper body up by supporting his weight on his hands.

"Now," The sentry starts, a cruel look in his eyes as he grabs the omega by his hair, ignoring how he winces. Taehyung wraps his fingers around his wrist, gritting his teeth in pain. "Where did you come from?"

________

The doors to the palace's hall are pushed open by the guards standing by the door, allowing the dungeon warden to walk in. The warden takes a few steps inside before stopping at an appropriate distance from the king and bows deeply. The sound of the doors closing shut behind him is loud as the warden straightens his posture and looks up at the king. The warden curls his fingers into a fist as he stands before the king, his lips trembling slightly as he dares and looks up at him. With a gulp, the warden locks eye contact with the king.