CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

Raymond Okoye sat at his office thinking about what his friend had told him earlier on the phone. Daniel had told him that what made him so rich was his drug business which he started few months after they had come to Nigeria. When they had returned to their country, he noticed that Daniel started getting wealthy and his business was growing and expanding. He now has many branches in different countries, and his name was well known in the country. When he had asked him the secret to his success he had claimed that it was through his hard work and dedication. Wasn't he himself hardworking? He was a more person hardworking than him. He worked throughout the day and even at night. He had done all he could to make sure that his business will grow bigger. But it wasn't as if his business hasn't grown, he was just surprised that Daniel's business had grown a lot more than his own even though he didn't work as hard as him. He knew that Daniel was always out of the country, travelling around claiming to attend business meetings, but he had suspected him since he hasn't seen him on any business magazine or with a notable business mogul. Raymond sat up as he picked up the remote and changed the channel on his television screen. He tried to push down the thoughts of what Daniel told him earlier and focus on relaxing and enjoying the little time he had left before the next meeting. He was watching a popular Hollywood movie and his favorite actor was the lead actor in the movie. A call came into his phone. He looked at the screen and saw that it was one of his clients. He sighed before picking the call. The call lasted for fourteen minutes and their discussion was all about business. He had requested for a meeting that he had a proposal to make. He sighed and wrote down the meeting date, time and venue on his schedule book. Tomorrow was going to be a busy day for him. He looked at his congested schedule and sighed. He was going to have an argument with his wife. She had always complained that he doesn't have enough time for his family anymore. She wasn't going to see things his own way, how he was working hard to build the business and create a bigger future for them. She even suggested that he should employ someone to take over the affairs and running of the business to which he declined. He is still growing the business and he wasn't going to employ a manager till the business had gotten to the level he wanted it to be. Handing over the running of the business to someone might be too risky at this stage. All his hardworks and everything he has built all these years could go crashing down if he made a mistake in employing the wrong person. He tried to shift his focus to the movie he was watching when his alarm rang. It was 3:30 pm. He was going to meet with a representative from an international investing company. He got up, wore his suits and adjusted his tie. This was a big opportunity for him as he has to try everything possible to impress and convince the company to invest in his business. His company was into furniture making and exporting, and breaking into the international market will be a big achievement for him. He got out and met his secretary who was ready and waiting for him. She greeted him as they both drove out from the premises after he gave a few instructions to the receptionist and a couple of staffs.

***

Adam tapped Albert as their flight was announced; it was time to board their plane. Albert had dozed off while they were waiting at the airport. It's been four years since he'd met him and they had grown quite close to each other. Five years ago he'd seemed like a stranger to him. He had gotten him a green card and had let him take the identity of his late cousin. His cousin Mark Jackson was involved in a secret undercover mission in a rival country where he was acting as a spy for the military. After he was discovered by the rival country, he had been killed and only the top officials knew about it and they had kept it a secret to prevent conflict. The officials of his own country who haven't heard from him had assumed that he was dead as they couldn't communicate with him again. They had also kept his disappearance a secret since the public didn't know his identity or what he looked like since he was a secret agent. David Mark was the son of Albert's aunty who married an English man. His parents had died in a motor accident when he was just a baby. Since then he had been raised by Albert. He obtained a degree in criminology from the University of California and had undergone special training to be part of the secret undercover agents. Mark Jackson was now Adam's new name and they were both going to South Africa with his new identity. Taking on a new identity would have been a very difficult and impossible task for anyone else, but he was different. Albert had encouraged him to hack into the database and change his picture which he was able to do with his abilities. It would have caused a lot of problems if the picture in his data was different from how he looked. He had also altered and changed the fingerprint. His eyes surveyed round the airport but he couldn't find anything suspicious. Albert had said that the demons would start appearing now that he had returned back to earth but they hadn't noticed or heard anything strange for the past four years now. Everything has been normal and it seemed like an advantage to him since it gave him enough time to study and adapt to the world. He had remembered when Albert once brought a book to him about the world history. He had opened it and was about to read it when Albert told him that he could read it with his powers without opening the book. It had been simple. All he had to do was just to place his hand on the book and focus, within a few seconds everything in the book would be in his head. He had been able to read thousands of books through that method. It baffled him how Albert knew his abilities more than him. He had also helped him discover the ability of reading a person's thought. He could now tell what someone was thinking. He could also guess a password to a system or device which made it possible for him to be able to hack any database in the world. He had also discovered many other abilities through the help of Albert and he knew all this was going to help him in his mission on earth. Even though he felt very powerful and knew almost all answers on earth, there were some questions that he would like to know the answers but he couldn't. It seems like his knowledge was limited to a certain extent. He hadn't asked Albert the question because he thought that if he knew the answers he could have told him since. Albert had said that he had been reincarnated for a mission but he felt deep inside him that it wasn't his creator who reincarnated him. Was he reincarnated for a different purpose? Who gave him this power? He had felt a dark presence inside of him and he knew that his power could not only be used to save the world, it could also be used to destroy the world. What if that was his main mission on earth. He had tried not to reach into Albert's thoughts since he felt it wouldn't be nice to infiltrate his privacy. He had been the one who helped him to discover some of his abilities. It would be betrayal if he starts reading his thoughts.