CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

Raymond started the engine of his car and prepared to drive out. He had spent the night in his car unknowingly so that when he woke up this morning he looked around and even got out to check the car. At first he had asked himself what he was doing here as he couldn't understand what he was doing out here inside his car. It was after a few seconds of thinking that the aftermath of what happened yesterday dawned on him. He was once again filled with sorrow and grief. Helen had hurt him badly and he wasn't sure if he can forgive her. But then he thought of her alone at home looking dejected. She would be worried about Evelyn and him at the same time. Deep down he knew she wasn't to be blamed entirely. He had seen how she had wanted a child badly. He himself was also desperate for a child but he only acted strong back then to console his wife. Different doctors had proven that he was healthy and fine. Helen herself was confirmed by the doctors. There was nothing wrong with the both of them. This had made them to resort to different prophets and churches but none of those yielded any result. He had given up and had encouraged her to do the same and wait for the right time. But he forgot she was a woman and motherhood was the pride of a woman. He decided to drive home instead and comfort her. Even though she lied and deceived him, he could understand her pain. He took his phone and switched it on. He called his secretary and told him he would arrive later in the day. He doesn't have to worry much about his business these days since he trusted the capability of the man he put in charge. He called his right hand man in charge of his drug business and told him he won't be coming today. He searched for Helen's number and when he saw it he only stared at his phone as he contemplated whether to call her. He dropped the phone and decided to talk to her when he got home.

***

Adam looked at the woman and felt pity for her. She was filled with sorrow and it was obvious even though she tried to hide it with a smile. Mr. Amadi had brought them here only for them to be told by the woman that the girl they came to look for has been missing since yesterday. At first she had looked at them suspiciously and refused to divulge any information to them until he showed her his real form which left her shocked and surprised. They heard a car drive in and a man came into the house a few minutes later. The woman was surprised and glad when she saw him. She introduced him to them as her husband as they went inside the room while they waited for them in the sitting room. From the way they acted it seemed they were not on good terms. They came out after fifteen minutes and from the look on the husband's face he knew the wife had told him about their mission.

"My wife just told me about you and your reason for being here. We had a fight yesterday when I discovered that the girl I thought as my daughter wasn't actually my daughter. I admit I was angry and pained, but that hasn't changed my love for Evelyn. She's still my daughter and I want to find her. I don't care if she's a human, a spirit, a demigod or a demon; I just want to see my daughter. Can you help us find her?" The man said looking worried. Adam saw that he truly cared for his daughter and that made him happy. He had thought that Evelyn would be hated and despised by her family when they get to know what she really is, but instead here they were worried about her despite the fact that she may have joined forces with the kingdom of Lucifer.

"We'll try our best to find her sir. Though there's no guaranty that she would be the same Evelyn you've known all this while. She may be with the enemy now," Adam replied him.

"That's not a problem. I just want to see her first and tell her that I still care about her as my daughter. Even if it's just for the last time, I want her to know that."

Adam wanted to reply him but then he felt something. He felt a great danger as he stood up and look outside the window. He saw people looking up to the sky. He followed their gaze and saw the sun darkening. It seemed like an eclipse but it wasn't. He saw flying black creatures in the sky and at that moment he knew what was happening. They had started attacking. Everyone in the house with him was shocked and scared at the sight. People started running back to their various houses. Some were running into the church. He looked at Albert and saw that he too knew what was going on.