Chapter 2

I walked in the school, a deep frown on my face as usual, stomping down the hallways. My fists were clenched in the pocket of my jacket and my hood was threw up on my head, hiding the black beanie that was underneath. My toes were even curled up in frustration.

Somehow, surprisingly, I had managed to keep my cool this far into the day. But the looks I kept receiving from people pissed me off, I was already annoyed that I had a detention coming up. Now, I heard the whispers of people and the endless stares of everyone, I was unknowingly caught in the middle of some high school drama fued.

It was all like a game of Tug-O-War, on one end you had the whole high school population with their drama yanking on the rope, and at the other end was me and the power I had not yet mastered to control my anger. With every stare, whisper, chuckle, everything, made me tug on my end even more.

Until finally, I snapped the rope in half and managed to make the student body come tumbling down in a heaping pile.

"WILL YOU ALL FUCK OFF AND GO TO HELL?" I turned to reveal my red face and yelled, spewing venom and hate in each word.

I watched as everyone in the cramped hall physically cringed and backed away. I took pride in putting such fear into a large group of people. I plastered a devilish smile on my face as I proceeded down the hallway to my next class.

"Gaskarth, I don't think so, to the office!" Mr. Lenard pointed his stubby finger in the direction of the office.

I so badly wanted to snap his finger right in fucking half, I could, but I decided against it. "I know where the office is, no need to point, tubby." I snarled at him and marched in the direction he was once pointing in.

I decided to make my grand entrance by storming into office and slamming the door to signal I had arrived. Once I did so, multiple heads shot in my direction. I received a disapproving look from the secretary, she happened to despise my existence, "How are you today, Hot Stuff?" I grinned at her. Of course I didn't mean this seriously, she wasn't my type at all.

"Take a seat over there," she sounded not too pleased to see me. Did she really expect she could be rid of me that easily?

I looked over to find a skinny boy with black hair standing awkwardly, trying so hard not to look my way. He was obviously a new student, and it amused me that I even managed to frighten the new kid.

However, for some reason my stomach churned as I continued to look at him, and soon looking developed into staring, and staring turned into observing and studying. A wave of nausea came over me as I continued to observe him, I even began to sweat nervously. Honestly, it scared the fuck out of me. I'm Alex Gaskarth, I don't get nervous, I don't get nauseous, I don't even fucking get scared.

I decided to look away.

From the corner of my eyes I could see the boy glance at me and a smile rose to my lips. He looked fucking terrified.

"Name please?" The secretary asked the boy.

"Jack Barakat," the boy mumbled. I couldn't help myself, I continued to stare.

"Sit over there, the guidance counselor will be out shortly to give you your tour." She smiled and pointed to the seat next to me.

Oh fuck!

I quickly looked away and pretended to not be interested as the boy swallowed hard and sat next to me awkwardly. For some insane fucking reason, I wanted to introduce myself, you know, to learn more about the kid to get leverage and black mail material. But I kept my mouth shut and eyes glued to the wall in front of me.

My palms were sweaty, my heart was racing, and I just had the urge to run out of the office. I didn't.

The boy didn't dare glance at me or say one word. He didn't even move a muscle. It was obvious that there was some sort of tension in the room.

"Gaskarth," the principal walked out of her office.

"Ma'am," I smiled, deciding to be a smart ass in this situation.

I didn't even have to look to know that Jack was even more nervous and rolled his eyes, normally I would have snapped. I held my ground, however.

I followed Ms. Hayden into her office and sat at the chair opposite from her desk. As she sat down she proceeded to scrawl down some words on a form, not paying attention to my presence. I bet she was thinking of words to say, or a punishment to give me. I already had a Wednesday detention.

"Alex, why?" She rubbed her temples, she was getting fed up with my behaviour. It wasn't my fault that I had a temper and everyone in this school deserved my wrath. I only unleash hell to those who are a complete dick.

"Why what?" I questioned her to further explain what she was asking.

"Why do you feel the need to act out and take matters into your own hands in an inappropriate way?" She rose her right eyebrow at me. I only shrugged in response, I thought it was blantly obvious.

"You're getting an after school detention tonight for cussing and creating a scene." Was all she said.

"What? What about everyone else who causes it? Do they get nothing? I am being singled out, here." I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Just go to the detention room after school, now get to class." She was calm.

I stomped out of the office, stealing a glance at Jack who remained seated. I wondered if he heard the conversation between Ms. Hayden and I. Oh well, didn't matter, didn't care.

I proceeded down the hallway, resuming the appearance I had this morning before I told everyone to go get fucked. I smirked as I remembered the look on all of their posh fake faces.

I walked into class late and took my seat. I didn't listen to the lecture, I was too caught in thought to even care what we were supposedly learning. I thought about that Jack kid down in the office. His hair was short and black, he was tall, lanky, he was sporting a black shirt with a band logo on it, and I swear I thought I saw an ear piercing.

"Alex." The teacher said my name.

"What?" I tried to sound nice and like I was paying attention the entire time.

"What's the answer to the question?"

I looked around the room, everyone watched me expectedly. I didn't have a clue what he was talking about or what the question even was.

"Covalent bonding," I tried to sound confident with my guess.

"You're in English," the teacher sounded annoyed and glared my way until he went back to teaching.

I shrugged my shoulders, oh well, I tried. It was all in the past now.

"Sorry to interrupt, Mr. Sanders, but you will have a new student joining you today."

Everyone turned around, except me. I didn't have to, I already knew who it was and I was silently cursing. Out of everyone in the fucking building, the kid had to be in my English class.

I thought I was going to be sick.