Chapter 1.

I woke up to the sound of a door slamming shut. I figured my mom must've left.

You see, I live in a town where rich kids get all the breaks and poor kids get shitty parents. I mean, mine could've been much worse. Shoot, my mom was probably better than half of the parents on this side of town. Definitely the best in the gang, that's for sure. I'm in a gang of all girls you see.

There's Ariana, she's my best friend in the whole world. We just understand each other better than anyone else in the gang. Her hair is a shiny reddish-brown color and she has the most vibrant green eyes I've ever seen. Her skin tone is slightly paler than mine which is still pretty tan. She's always been the sweetest out of the bunch though you would never know because she rarely ever talks to strangers. I have to keep her on her toes and throw her into crazy situations. She is the shyest out of the gang and I'm probably one of the most outgoing. Maybe that's why we mesh so well, opposites attract.

Next is Nails. She's the second oldest in our gang and a real tough gal. Her and Aster, another girl in our gang, butt heads most of the time. She would never admit it, but she knows Aster is the big alpha in our gang. She tries to impress us even though she doesn't need to, we already love her. She thinks she needs to be a big tough hood even though she isn't one. Though I say that, from her looks you would think she's a hood. She has dark black hair like Aster's but icy blue eyes. You can tell there's something behind them other than hatred.

Aster is probably the most interesting in our gang. She has dark brown nearly black hair, black, scary eyes, and deeply tanned skin. She reminds me of a wolf, prowling everywhere she goes and stalking around stores trying to lift anything and everything. She's not mean to me or anything, I love her as much as the rest of the gang, she just scares me that's all. She's the third oldest, but she runs our whole gang and she knows it.

Another addition to our gang is Olive or Liv. I call her Liv and I like it. She's the next shyest after Ariana. She's also the second youngest in our gang next to me. Even though she's only fifteen, she's almost 5'8 while I'm at a stand-still around 5'2. She has blonde hair that stops a few inches past her shoulders and gorgeous green eyes. She and Aster are real good friends, though I don't know how that came to be. She's been through a big rough patch in her life lately and we're all she has.

Maze is the oldest and most wild in our gang. She has beautiful blonde locks and bright blue eyes. She's tall and graceful unlike myself who is short and clumsy. Her and I get along just fine, except for when she thinks I'm gonna steal her man. You see, a boy named Two-Bit and I have been real good friends for a while and we're always hanging around each other. She thinks I'm crazy for him but I don't like him, not like that anyway.

The last but definitely not the least in our gang is Lauren. Lauren is seventeen and a beauty queen if I do say so myself. She has long blonde hair like Maze but hers is nearly white. She also has hazel eyes that change colors depending on the tone of her clothes. We're all jealous of her eyes. She doesn't know she's beautiful and if you tell her she won't believe you. She has a history with a few Socs around here, and to tell you the truth she looks like one, except for the fact that she hangs out with us.

Finally there's me. Plain old Sammie. There's nothing interesting about me really. I have light brown hair that goes to my mid back and gray-blue eyes. I'm a very short kid for my age and probably won't grow to be any taller ever. My friends are really the highlight of my life. If it wasn't for them, I'd probably still be screwing around with the Sheppard gang.

~

I woke up and threw some clothes on. It was a Saturday morning and I was meeting up with the gang at Jay's for some breakfast. I threw on some jeans, an undershirt, and a flannel. I slipped on my converse and headed for the bathroom. I didn't even bother with makeup, it was too much of a hassle to me, but I ran a brush through my hair and started heading downstairs. I reached the front door and stopped abruptly. I grabbed my switch blade before leaving, I figured it couldn't hurt to have it with me. I flung open the door and headed to Jay's.

~

I opened the door to Jay's and saw the girls sitting in our regular booth. We come in religiously, even if we don't order anything for breakfast. I grabbed a seat by Ariana on the edge of the leather booth. "Where ya been, Sammie," Liv asked. I answered her, "Sleeping." She chuckled slightly and I cracked a grin. Lauren was attempting to braid Maze's hair while Maze was attempting not to squirm. Ariana was looking down at the table like she was thinking, Aster and Nails were in a somewhat heated discussion and Liv was just humming. I looked around and asked, "So do we have any plans for tonight ladies," while wiggling my eyebrows. Ariana and Liv started giggling, Lauren was still concentrating on her braid, Maze was laughing which made Lauren concentrate even harder, and Aster along with Nails were giving me somewhat judgmental looks. I didn't mind, I just wanted an answer. "I was thinking about going to the movies if you buns wanna join," Aster said. I nodded my head. Liv said, "I'm down for it," like I knew she would. She worshipped Aster and Aster loved her just the same. "I'll go," Lauren piped up not looking up from her masterpiece. Maze said, "Count me in too," and I replied,"I'll be comin' as well." "Me three," Ariana stated. I looked at Nails, "You going or what," I asked her. "Yeah, if I don't have any prior plans" she said coolly. We all knew she was going to show up eventually. "See you there then," I smirked at her. The rest of the gang started laughing but her and I gave her an apologetic smile. She just sat there pouting until our laughter subsided. "Guess I'll see you all tonight," I winked. I walked out the door heading back to my house. I knew this was going to be a good night. I just had a great feeling.