𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐄

comment along the way for motivation! The more comments the faster I update LOL

liked how this chapter came out so I hope you do too 🆙🆙

.

.

PAST

"WHAT'S WRONG?" Y/n frowned, glancing at a silent Andrei. It had been about two weeks since they met—and once Y/n had caught him struggling to put on the bandages around his eyes, and had helped him. He never got a chance to see his eyes, however. "You've been looking so worried."

"I'm not worried," Andrei looked back at him, frowning too. "Just..."

Y/n leaned against the wall, propping his arms on the pillows. Tilting his head, he opened his mouth to lightly tease Andrei, "so you are worried. Two weeks is long enough to discern your emotions."

"The Sidorov Organisation is about to attack. They harmed my brother."

"Sidorov?"

"An organization opposing ours. The two organizations will never reach a union. And this time, my brother was caught in the crossfire. Thankfully, he's still alive—but he's hurt."

"But you don't like him, I thought," Y/n furrowed his eyebrows. "Isn't that good?"

"Yes, if you think about it." Andrei sighed. "But the minute they find out about my existence, it's over. I'm still weak, I'm in a vulnerable position...I'll be used as my family's pawn."

"I'll help you again if you get hurt."

"Sounds to me like you're wishing on my downfall," Andrei said wryly, before a rare, soft smile appeared on his face. "I'll take your word, Y/n."

Y/n. It was always comforting to hear his name roll off someone else's lips with such ease and gentleness. For too long Y/n had hated the sound of his name: its syllabuses coming off with fiery heat from his father and mother's tongue, always drenched in fury.

"Don't worry about it. Just rest," Y/n grinned. "I'll come everyday and I'll visit you without fail. I promise."

Andrei stared at Y/n, before that smile grew bigger, just a tiny bit. Nevertheless, Y/n was comforted by that warmth: he was encouraged by it.

"Promise?" Andrei's voice was almost a whisper. The boy had no one by his side. And he would be damned if Y/n L/n, his new friend, was ripped away from him. How would he live without him? His days of perpetual, torturing loneliness had dissipated with the (h/c)-haired boy around.

"Promise."

.

.

.

.

The strawberry ice cream was delicious. It had been icy cold: its coolness had even burned Y/n's tongue and had caused his brain to freeze. Andrei had watched him slowly eat it, its pink staining his lips—and the Tsar's eyes had traveled to it intentionally; his Adam's apple bobbing. Almost like he was restraining himself; almost like he had been...