𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟖

As they ran into a hallway, two soldiers appear "This is a restricted area." the bald guy said, pointing their guns at the three." hey, it's alright" Zombie said but the bald guy wasn't having it" On your knees-" He was cut off by the vent over his head dropping, killing both of the soldiers. Kayla looks at the scene in confusion when she saw it was Evan.  Ben points his gun at Evan causing Kayla to grab his arm" Don't, He's one of us" she reassures before turning to look at Evan " I told you not to follow me, what are you doing here?" she asks him," helping you" Evan inches closer as Ben lifts his gun again. Evan gestures to Ben "Who's he?" he asks, Ben glares at him" Ben Parish".

"Ben Parish?" Evan asks Kayla causing her to nod." uhm yeah, he knows where my brother is" she replies before rolling her eyes" I told you not to follow me, why did you?" she asked him" i decided to ignore you" he said before looking at Ben" I've been planting bombs. In about ten minutes, when the last plane full of kids takes off, I'm taking this place down, for good." he announces. he looks down at Kayla "I'm sorry I lied to you, Kayla. I was wrong when I said I was both one of you and one of them.  you can't be both. you have to choose" he said, before inching closer to her and leaning down" I choose you" he said before dipping his head and catching her lips in a sweet kiss. Kayla didn't want to pull away but she knew she had to. Evan quickly pulls her back for a short one. she knew what it meant. she knew it was a goodbye kiss. that was what made it even worse." go" he says, kissing her head one last time before walking away." get out of here. I'll find you" he promised her before running around the corner." who's that guy?" Maya asks. "Evan Walker" Kayla replies.

" We gotta go find Sam and Elliot" Ben said before running" I think Evan Walker's about to blow this place up" Kayla didn't know if he was teasing her or if he was being serious. but she followed him to the transport area. As soon as they got there, Kayla gasps when she saw how much kids were there. Kayla ignored the calls of Maya and Ben as she ran between the kids, slowly and carefully looking each other over to find her son and her best friend's brother. she sees locks of brown hair that she knew belonged to her son" Elliot!!" she yells as she moves faster to find him and Sam. She quickly grabs him and Sam from behind and drags them out of the crowd. once they got to the sideway, Kayla quickly bends down to hug him and Sam" Mommy!! I didn't think you'd come back!!" Elliot says cheerfully as he hugs his mom" I'd always come back for you!" she says, before quickly holding Sam and Elliot's hands" but now we gotta go, okay?" she looks between the two before running with them to where Maya and Ben stood waiting. they all went into a storage room. Kayla bends down, grabbing Elliot's teddy to give to him" my teddy!" he says, happily. She pulls him into a tight hug, silently crying on his shoulder "I love you mommy" Elliot says as he smiles brightly " I love you to Elliot."

after a few minutes, they all begun running again. the helicopters started shooting them. Kayla quickly notices a car and rushes to hide behind it before running again. A car parks Infront of them, ignoring Kayla's confused calls" Kayla, shut up and get in!" Maya yells before hurrying to push Kayla, Sam and Elliot into the car. she gets herself in before making sure that ben got in safely. The car starts driving immediately. Kayla develops Sam and Elliot into a hug, kissing their foreheads. 

after a while of driving and getting to know everyone, they found a place to stay for the night. Ringer and Dumbo made the food while Maya and Kayla stayed in the car with a sleeping Sam and Elliot. Xavier notices Maya and quickly walks over to her " how you holding up Elfy?" he asked, leaning against the car next to her" pretty good, apart from what happened." he nodds." lets go get something to eat? yeah?" he asked, squinting his eyes. Maya smiles" sure" she quickly taps Kayla's arm to wake her up before waking the kids up. Maya puts her jacket on as they walk over to the fire to eat. they all ate happily, not having to worry about the aliens anymore.

" 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑎𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝐼 𝑠𝑎𝑤 𝐸𝑣𝑎𝑛 𝑊𝑎𝑙𝑘𝑒𝑟"