-Chapter One-

Walking into the aditorium was like a weight taken off my shoulders. It was easier to let go and act out my feelings in a play than it was to have to deal with the people in my kinesiology class.
Though Kaleb and Evelyn were there, I didn't talk to them unless I had to.

As I sat in one of the seats of the auditorium waiting for our teacher, Mrs. Lascano to tell us who got what part in the play (The Absence of a Chello).
Till I heard the high pitch, nails on a chalkboard voice that is all unfortunately too unforgettable to miss, Evelyn. "Hey Kaleb! Who do you think got the main role?" I rolled my eyes as I saw how she held onto his arm and kissed his cheek. "I don't know, just sit down and wait for Mrs. Lascano to get here. " I could hear the tinge of annoyance in his voice.

The class went silent as Mrs. Lascano spoke out to the class as she walked in the very front of the seats, her thick Hispanic accent filling the room.

"As you all know, auditions were done and judged yesterday, I and my stage assistant have picked the roles for The Absence of a Cello!" My friend Cameron leaned over to me, "who do you think will be Perry?" He asked in a whisper."I don't know, though I'm pretty sure Mrs. Lascano said something about Kaleb or John being a choice"

As Mrs. Lascano read out the people and their roles in the play, I was shocked to hear my name being called for Joanna, the love interest of Perry... who is being played by Kaleb. I sighed and slumped in my seat. "I swear if Evelyn gets on my ass for this, I'm gonna to mad if I had to hear her nag at me for something I can't control.

I look over to Kaleb and Evelyn and see Evelyn starting daggers at me.

I looked away and just flipped through my script and highlighted my lines and stage directions.
Till I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked over and saw Kaleb. "Meet me after classes by the cafeteria." I looked at him, a bit suspicious of him intentions.

"What for -" he cut me off. "Just do it, I need to talk to you about something.." was all he said before Evelyn came over and dragged him to walk her to her last class.

I roll my eyes, I get a bit irritated by him cutting me off... but something in his voice showed.. desperation?
We haven't talked in months. Why talk now?