The nobody Pt2

Carls POV

Dad put me and Enid on watch duty of Y/N, she was only staying for the night before I would walk her far enough from the walls that we wouldn't have to worry about her sneaking back in. I'll be honest though, she didn't seem like the type to do that, she was more of a keep away and don't bother me type.

Dad and Daryl decided she'd stay in one of the empty, smaller houses, placing me and Enid in and outside the house. At around 8 Enid requested she go do the outside watch for a couple hours before Michonne would come so we could go to bed.

I entered the house as Enid left, closing the door and walking through the first floor. Y/N was sat on the floor in one of the bedrooms reading a comic I recognized.

"Is that the second volume to 'Lost but not Forgotten'?" I asked. She looked over at me surprised, like she hadn't noticed me in the doorway.

"Ya it is. Had it a while though so it's a little dirty." She sat up and closed it.

"I have the first and third volumes, never found a second one though."

"Really, I've wanted to read the first one for a while now."

"I've read them both, there pretty good, don't really make sense without the second one though." I leaned against the door frame.

"Ya this one doesn't make much sense without the first one either. Could I maybe read yours while I'm here? I promise to give it back before I leave tomorrow " She asked.

The way she looked up at me, with those y/e/c eyes full of wonder. I wanted to offer the world to her for a moment, I'd never felt like that when looking at someone, it almost scared me. I had to force myself to answer her.

"Uh, ya sure, I can ask Enid to watch you while I go get it. Stay here I'll be back." I said, moving out of the doorway and through the house.

Enid's POV

I'd just done my first walk around the house when Carl came down the porch steps towards me.

"Hey could you go inside and watch Y/N, I've gotta run and grab something really quick." He asked.

"I guess I could, I don't know how your dad would feel about you leaving though." I questioned, he seemed a little off.

"It'll be fine, beside I won't be gone long, just to my place and back, should be like 15 minutes if I run."

"I think it would be better if you stayed with her, I don't feel safe being alone with her." I already didn't feel safe with her even when Carl was with me, I didn't want to remove him from the equation even for a second. I sighed and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Fine, but I need you to grab only what I ask for and not ask questions." He said.

"Okay." I was already confused.

"I need you grab the comic called 'Lost but not Forgotten', volume one, off the pile in my room ok, it should be on the bottom of the pile."

"A comic book, really?" I placed my hand on my hip and frowned at him.

"What did I say about asking questions, or even questioning me in general." He was pretending to be serious but I could tell he was trying to be a little funny.

"Fine, comic on the very bottom, but just know if I get caught I'm telling your dad you were reading comics when you were supposed to be keeping watch." I said, warning him playfully.

"I await your return." He smiled.

Y/N POV

Carl came back into the house 3 minutes after leaving, causally standing in the doorway like nothing was non the wise.