001 - TAG, YOU'RE IT!

"Congratulations, you unpolished gems."

The lanky man with a bowl-cut spoke on a stage, a huge crowd of boys focusing their attention on him.

"All you under-18 strikers have been chosen solely based on my criteria and biases to be here today. ALL 300 OF YOU." He spoke confidently, absolutely no hesitation.

A lot of the crowd were confused at his words. Why were there only strikers? There was clearly something wrong.

"I am Ego Jinpachi. My job is to make Japan a team capable of winning the world cup." The lanky man, now introduced as Ego, grinned.

--

Hundreds of fast-paced footsteps were heard, as the whole crowd of boys yelled, running towards the light of the open door.

Well... not the whole crowd...

"...What's the matter?" Ego asked, looking at the boys with white and purple hair, "You're not coming? Also, all that's left is you two?"

"...Not just us two... There are five people in that corner over there..." The tall white-haired boy lazily pointed at the mysterious group in the dark corner. They were all looking at the duo, as if watching their every move.

"Ignore them. It's just you two." Ego's mouth fell into a straight line, glaring at the duo.

"Whatever! Come on, Nagi! Let's go to Blue Lock too!" The purple-haired boy spoke to the sleepy boy.

--

"That's a promise, Reo."

"Yeah, Nagi. Promis-" Before Reo could finish his sentence, Nagi quickly put his hand over the other's mouth, and dragged him to just around the corner. Reo panicked for a moment, and looked up to see Nagi putting a finger over his lips as a 'Shush' gesture. Reo nodded, and Nagi focused on the people just around the corner.

"...So, shall we begin?" Ego grinned

"300..." A red-haired woman spoke up, looking at the clipboard on her hands.

"No. Not yet 300." Ego groaned, standing up and descending the stairs. Anri watched in bewilderment, going towards him to see his next move. "You five, come here." Ego called out to the mysterious bunch, making them exit the shadows. Nagi snuck a glance, but saw glowing orange eyes staring directly at him, causing him to go right back to his old position.

"So... Is it a bad thing I wasn't paying attention to your speech at all?" A tall boy spoke up. He had messy brown hair, a golden right eye, and a dead gray left eye that had a scar going vertically through it. He was very clearly blind in his left eye.

APOLLO
OUTCASTS

Apollo rubbed the back of his head,"I'm not really good at paying attention to things, especially with all those hot men-"

Before he could finish his sentence, the other tall boy with super wavy brown hair and emerald-green eyes slapped the back of his head.

GRIM
OUTCASTS

"Shut up, you idiot. Now's not the time to be gay." Grim facepalmed, mumbling a quick apology to the others.

Apollo groaned, "That fucking hurt!" He tried getting a decent slap on Grim, but got pulled back by a large hand.

"Chill the fuck down." His voice was INCREDIBLY deep. He was a literal giant, with brown hair that reached just under his shoulder, and glowing orange eyes with slits for pupils.