part 3: Explosion

Emile rushed over along with Raoul.

Raoul picked up a nearby rake and tried to push against the flower with that. Lydia side-eyed him and growled. "Just use your hands! Fleshbag!"

It was too late, the rake flew out of Raoul's hands and hit the cabinet, it hit the Atomise-a-tune and Super-Fertiliser, causing them both to fall off the self.

To Lydia, it felt like it went too fast. Charles jumped for the bottles and so did she but they moved too slow and the bottles shattered together, causing a massive explosion of brightly-colored smoke.

Lydia got hit in the face with a hot pink blast of smoke that sent her flying back into a tree. Her head hurt and she could barely see, but in front of her she could make out the shape of Emile, he looked as scared, or a bit more, then when he had met her.

She moved to look at what he was seeing. It looked like a bug, but a really big bug. It's eyes darted around until they landed on her, they both stared at each other for a moment. It's amber eyes made her smile, then Emile screamed causing the creature to literally jump through the roof.

Lydia shielded her eyes from the cascading glass and stood up.

"Raoul? Lydia? Raoul! Raoul, are you okay?" Emile called out into the smoke, Lydia coughed. "Yeah, I'm here." She walked towards him, swatting the smoke out of her face.

Emile nodded and headed for the exit, Lydia right behind him.

"Yeah. I think... I think the coat saved my life." Raoul chirped as Emile and Lydia approached. "Emile? Lydia! I'm okay! I'm okay."

Emile sighed. "Oh good... good." Lydia gasped. "Charles! Where is Charles? Charles?" She whipped her head around before a small card sailed down and smacked her in the face.

She glared up and handed it to Emile. "Look up." He read aloud and looked up. There was Charles, clinging to the petals of the sunflower for dear life, shaking slightly.

"Hey. Charles!" Emile called enthusiastically, waving at the monkey. Raoul walked over to them. "Right, good Charles is fine. You're fine. Lydia's fine. I'm fine. The plants are fine. Everything's fine." He bent down to pick up the camera.

Glass shattered behind him and he stopped talking for a second. Lydia rolled her red eyes at him as he started talking again. "There. So I think we'll be going now. Good night. It's been a pleasure."

Lydia followed them and grabbed a pot filled with soil and three small vials of water, she was about to walk out when Raoul stopped her. "Woah, hey. Where are you going?"

She raised an eyebrow. "I'm coming with you." She said blankly, maneuvering around him and walking over to Emile. "Hey! hold on now, flower girl. I can't have a talking, six foot tall, flower around!"

Lydia scoffed. "I can't stay here, the police are probably on their way after the explosion and I can't get caught! I'll be killed!"

Lydia placed the plant pot on the ground, dropping some water into it and putting the tip of her foot inside the dirt. In a flash of pollen, she turned into a small purple and blue Nightshade flower.

Raoul gasped and crouched, picking up the pot. "Lydia? Are you in there?" He poked the flower. "Yes! Stop poking me!" Lydia's voice startled Raoul, and he almost dropped the pot.

The flower bloom shifted and a red eye opened in the middle of it. Raoul shivered and handed the pot to Emile. "That is really unsettling... ew." Lydia rolled her eye and Emile chuckled awkwardly.

He placed the camera on the seat and held Lydia up better. "Raoul. Raoul? Y-you didn't see something strange in there, did you?" Lydia stayed silent, remembering the creature she had seen, if she could have she would have smiled.

"You mean besides a singing monkey, a talking plant, a fifty foot sunflower, and vials of potions that almost killed us?" Lydia cut in. "Because you were messing around..." She hissed, and Raoul continued.

"No. You see anything strange?" Emile stammered. "You mean you didn't see a seven foot creature with big red bug eyes, four arms, and spikes all over its body?"

Lydia blinked at him. "You saw all that?" She said sarcastically. Raoul laughed.

"Emile, I think somebody has been watching too many movies." Lydia bowed her head in the best nod she could muster with a flower stem as a body.

"You think?" Emile sounded unsure but Raoul smiled. "Yes, my friend, I-" He sneezed and Lydia closed her petals to protect her eye from the blast.

When she opened them she looked out over at some of the buildings that lay in front of the truck and spotted the amber eyes that she had same in the greenhouse. Humming sadly as the creature jumped away.