Chapter 4- Henry

TW- Still Birth

"Hi Henry I don't want you to say anything right now. I just want you to hear me out. I know you've been waiting a long time to see me again.

"I was wanted to say thank you. For picking me and being a great husband and amazing father but just as important for being a good man. It was an honor to spend my life as Mrs Henry Jensen.

"We had a wonderful life, sure there were tough times. Gabriel. I think that was toughest. I never thought I'd get through that but you were so strong and comforting. For me it wasn't just about the loss of one of our twins but I couldn't bond with his sister Grace and you supported the whole at that time when I couldn't. That was by far your strongest moment.

"But as I said we had a good life, we never went without. We were happy and our children were happy. Our grandchildren. You and I achieved that. You were our rock. I have to thank you for that.

"I always fondly remember our family vacations. Trying to squeeze all of us in the station wagon with the camping gear. And a dog. Teaching the kids to swim in lake and eating outdoors, telling stories over the campfire and watching as the girls headed to their tent with captured fireflies and cuddling up listening to them talk for hours about how much they had enjoyed their day.

"Do you remember the time Hank got teased for the others for getting caught kissing the girl from the family pitched just along from us. Or when Lucy caught that pike and you had to cut it free because she was too scared to touch it. She told everyone that she'd caught a piranha and Grace and Tom were too scared to go swimming.

"There are so many good memories. Like our golden wedding trip to the Caribbean on the cruise. The birth of Hank after so long trying. Then it seemed like we couldn't stop having babies. I'd always dreamed of having a big family and yeah it was amazing.

"I know that you were traditional and you didn't see a need for me to work. But I'm glad we agreed that when the kids were up I got the chance to do that. I loved it. It was a bit like looking after and being mum for lots of kids. I never ever thought I'd be an elementary teacher. But I know I worked so hard for those kids to be good people.

"There was never another man in this world that I would have chosen to spend my life with. You were perfect for me when I met you in the church when I was 17 and you were perfect sixty five years later when you said goodbye.

"But I do have a confession, one that stems from the early years of our marriage when you were overseas. I loved working and I met someone who has lived in my heart ever since and she's been waiting for me too."

...

"I hope that you can understand and that you will forgive me. But I am not leaving with you. Not because you did anything wrong. I hope you can see that in what I've said and in the memories we will always share. I loved every minute we spent together, I had a wonderful life and loved every part of it. But, I always loved Bea too and I have missed her for eighty years. It's time for me to experience what the path I walked away from in 1942 holds.

"I will always love you. Goodbye Henry."