Two

“And you winked at him?” Josephine laughed at Christina’s story about the day on track. Normally, she would meet up with Nyck and a couple of friends afterwards. As they were currently racing at Silverstone, chatting with their people was not a problem for her and her teammate as most of them spent a decent amount of their time in the UK.
“I mean, yes, I kind of did,” she joined in and everyone at the table seemed amused by the way she had handled Norris’ staring in the afternoon. And to be honest, she had totally enjoyed it as well.

“I swear to god that one day the two of you will totally end up together,” Nyck teased her about their love-hate relationship whose irate side had prevailed ever since their karting days.

“Why should we? I mean, he’s objectively a pretty nice guy, but on track he’s just another stupid ass,” she explained her aversion towards the admittedly handsome, young Brit.

“Yeah, but the both of you are kind of fighting for the same thing, you know? Of course, there is going to be rivalry when racing each other,” Caroline pointed out the duality of their personas.

While sitting in the car, there were expectations towards them to give their best for the team and the title, outside of track all of them were just average adults trying to find their own path in life. Often, these two very different facets of their personalities clashed, resulting in a lot of mental struggles and some of them might project themselves onto the way they acted around others on track and in the paddock. Whenever things had gotten notably more tense in either McLaren or AlphaTauri, they had noticed it in their behavior towards each other pretty quickly. Under different circumstances, they might have made a great team. Yet, that was a lost cause now.

“I agree, maybe the two of you would get along well in real life, but when it’s about the job neither of you will back down,” Leon intervened and took another sip from his diet coke.

“You make it sound as if I were holding a personal grudge against him!” Christina defended herself from her friends’ insightful comments, “I did not stress a penalty because I can’t stand him as a person. He’s probably pretty nice actually, but he had totally been doing me wrong for a long time and I won’t let him get away with that!”

“I have to take Chris’ side on this one, it’s really not her fault that Lando has been acting like a total prick ever since we started racing,” Nyck expressed his opinion on the matter, and she raised her hand to high-five her teammate.
Their friends had never once worked in the field of motor sports in their whole lives, so none of them had ever raced which made their view on these things not as empirically based as theirs. All they were concerned about was which driver they could try to set her up with this time. A habit that Christina had gotten used to eventually, despite her initial requests not to. It felt wrong. Especially, after the many narratives the media had attempted to make up in order to drag her name through mud.

“He’s cute either way,” Josephine pronounced and smirked at her boyfriend Leon sitting next to her, “Not as cute as you.”

“Thanks for respecting my ego,” her manager grumbled and playfully rolled his eyes, “You’re too kind.”

“I love you too, my dear,” she giggled and nudged his side before eventually placing her head on his shoulder.

“No matter how the two of you feel about each other, I still think you would make an awfully great couple,” Nyck took up the point he had made earlier with a smug smile on his lips.

“Oh shut up!” Christina now hissed at him and while her friends started to laugh about how the two of them would never stop nagging one another, her mind took the thought into consideration for a mere second.
McLaren had made an incredible move with signing a talented driver, but more importantly, one that was as loved by the fans as he was. By now, there must have been hundreds of fan fictions about him and his dauntingly beautiful blueish green eyes. The team had received nothing but positive feedback so far and given the Brit's marketability, they had gained some more sponsors and the backing of a huge fanbase.
Despite their apparent dislike on track, she had to admit that Lando Norris was indeed an attractive young man. Out of her league yet attractive.