Call of shame

A/N: I never spellcheck this should be a norm by now. I'm so excited for the next few chapter of the story, so stay tuned.

—————————————
Call with Lydia and Noah:
—————————————

    Lydia walked into the kitchen as she pulled out her phone and stared at the lit up lock screen. It was a picture of her and the pack sitting at the picnic tables just outside of the school. But she seemed to only focus on Stiles. He wore a simple white tee-shirt and black jeans with some worn out sneakers. His backpack he's had since freshman year around both of his shoulders. While Lydia wore green jeans, and a loose fitting floral top with some brown heels. Her and him were close together, both smiling but especially Stiles. He smiled his usual radiant asymmetrical smile that she'd grown to admire. She chuckled a bit at the picture with tears in her eyes. She tried to remember what Stiles used to be like before this all happened. He would've come up with a plan and never backed down, that's what she needed to do for Stiles since Stiles could no longer do it for himself. She smiled once more before looking down to see her phone screen had gone dark and was no longer causing the tears in her eyes to be illuminated. She had been hesitating for way too long. She still needed to call the Sheriff or in this case his Dad. She needed to tell him. Tell him what was going on, then tell him the heart breaking truth about his son's mind.

Her hand shook nervously as she typed her password which was her birth year. She opened up her contacts to see and scroll through the long alphabetical list of names, half of which she didn't even know. Until she finally saw 'Sheriff Stilinski' right above the name...'Stiles Stilinski'. She wanted to call his number in hopes he would pick up and he would reassure her that it was a weird dream and that she should go back to sleep. But deep down Lydia knew he couldn't answer, he was being held captive in his own mind. Why was Lydia even thinking about what she wanted, she should be thinking about what Stiles needs and to be honest...he needs everyone.

She finally opened up the Sheriffs contact info and stared at the call button debating wether to call or not. Her thumb shook as she clicked the call button slowly. She put her phone up to her waiting for him to answer her.

"Ring!" That was one.

"Ring!" That was two.

"Ring!" That was three.

"Ri-!"

"Hey Lydia, what's going on?" She took a breath of relief as she heard the Sheriffs soft but gruff voice on the other end of the phone. But that feeling of relief was short lived. She remembered what news she had to tell a broken man who had already lost his wife. She had to tell him that he was slowly, but surely loosing his son as well...the rest of his family. Lydia didn't say anything for a while causing the Sheriff to speak up again. "Lydia, did you mean to call me? Is this about Stiles?" Hearing his name was like daggers going through her heart. She couldn't stand to hear his name, not now anyway.

Lydia took a deep breath as she twirled her hair nervously and leaned against the refrigerator door. One arm against the door and the other holding up the phone to her ear. She said as she began to speak slowly trying to remain calms. "It's about Stiles...he uh-" She choked on her own words. She could feel them building up in her throat as tears formed in her eyes. She took a deep breath and began to speak once more,"We went into his mind and he's...what I mean is, we're loosing him." She could hear the Sheriffs steady breaths stop. All she heard was silence on the other end of the line. Time seemed to stop for the Sheriff as he heard those words. "Sheriff...?" Lydia said calmly hoping the Sheriff would respond calmly as well.

    The Sheriff took a deep breath as he spoke his voice not as harsh just barley a mutter now. "What do you mean...we're loosing him Lydia?" He said as calmly as possible. He knew it wasn't Lydia's fault but he couldn't help just wanting to scream...wanting to blame somebody for this mess.

"The Nogitsune and Stiles are becoming one being it did-"

"Did Stiles agree to that little bastard!?" The Sheriff cut her off as he yelled through the phone causing Lydia to pull the phone away from her ear.

Lydia waited a few seconds before speaking again. "That's the thing. Both Stiles and The Nogitsune said he agreed to it but the whole time Stiles actions were out of place. As if being forced by The Nogitsune. I mean every smile...almost everything." Lydia began to think back on her and Scott's little adventure to their friends mind.

The Sheriffs voice quickly snapped her out of it. "What do you mean by almost everything?" The Sheriffs words harsh on the last two words. She could tell he was going to snap any minute now.

Lydia didn't know how to begin. Oh yeah your son was just enjoying putting someone through pain! No big deal! Obviously not. She took a deep breath as she began to speak softly. "We went through some of his memories in his head..." She suddenly stopped being reminded of the first one that involved the Sheriff himself. But she decided it would be for the best if she didn't bring that up...especially now. She continued, "And in one of those memories The Nogitsune was making Stiles twist and turn a blade that was through Scott. But The Nogitsune guided Stiles through it calmly, like he was his mentor. But at the end of this memory he had me look at his face and...he was smiling. I mean grinning even." The last sentence left a bad taste in Lydia's mouth as she waisted for the Sheriff to say something.

"Lydia, my son...my own son!? I'm coming over there now, I'm going to try to save my son since all of you guys don't seem to know what you're doing-!" He screamed at her. She knew deep down it wasn't directed at her but it still made her tear up.

"But Sheriff you have to understand!" Lydia tried to plead with the man but he wouldn't listen. He was determined to do what he thought was best for his son.

"No! I'm coming down there...for my son." He said harshly as he sighed before Lydia heard the sound.

Click.

He had hung up on her. She knew when he got here everybody was going to go into a screaming match. Trying to decide what's best for Stiles and how to do it. She sighed as she sniffled trying to suck up the last bits of sadness she had from the call.

    Lydia walked out of the kitchen her high heels clicking with each step. "I just got off the phone with the Sheriff, he'll be here...soon." As she said the last sentence she sat down on the couch, furthest away from Stiles shell of a body. She could feel everybody stares from all areas of the room. Scott and Allison both began to try and speak at the same time both begging the same question. How was the call?

But suddenly all the stares went away from her and onto somebody else... Stiles. His hand began to twitch...the Kanima venom was wearing off fast.