Scene 18: No Place to go

***** Naruse *****

I don't know where I read: " The street breaks you". Ouch my face hurts. It is not because someone have glasses that you can assume he is rich and smart. Try telling that to 4 drugged man that wants to rob you to buy more drugs.

Ouch, maybe I broke a rib or something. I looked around me. I was in an narrow street. I was behind a big garbage can. Ah now I remember. When I tried talking to them through reason they started hitting me. Someone had a knife. But they didn't need to use it as no resistance was coming from my side. Not that I could anyway. When they realized I have nothing they lift me up, put me in the garbage and closed the lid. I then waited for them to go away and got out of the garbage can.

It is so cold here. It is only my third night in the streets. After splitting with Mirai I kept walking randomly. First day I slept in a park for children. Second day, I was able to sneak into a library. Now it is so cold. I can't even move. I am hungry.

You know what pissed me off today. It was not those drug addicts that kicked me in the ribs. It was a lovey couple that was giving bread to birds. HOT FRESH BREAD TO BIRDS. They were so happy. It made me sad.

I shouldn't have burned the house. No I had no choice. I had no money for a funeral for Risa. Plus either way when the cops would have come they would have kicked me out of it because it was an illegal building.

The past is the past. I need to look forward to the future. Right now, the future for me is going back in that garbage. At least it is a little bit warmer in there. If I close the lid it will be like an igloo!! My body heat will reflect of the lid and come back to me.

Indeed it works. Physics never leave me. Bjorn, Risa, my parents, Mirai, Akira, all of them left me or will eventually. Physics never will. Mieruko on the other hand ... I feel I am the one who left her. But it is for her own good. I will ruin her life by being a burden, like what happened with Risa.

I feel so happy now. Now that I am like this at least I cannot go any lower. I feel I found my place in society. I am at peace with myself. Look I am smiling. But why ? Just why ? Why is it I am crying ? It will go away with sleep. Yep all I need now is sleep. This garbage bag here is soft. I will make it as a pillow. Now just close your eyes and sleep. Yep close them and sleep...

Ah what is that, something soft is touching my ear. A rat ? Ah no ... It is a ... cat. A grey one with green eyes. Amazing ... I have a roommate ! You don't have to pay rent little guy. If you don't have money I got you, you can stay with me as long as you like !! Ah it is so cute. What is it doing ? Ah it is tearing a garbage bag ... What is that ? A pizza ? A half eaten pizza !! Why would anyone throw away half of a pizza. Ah there is pineapple on it. But still it is edible. Thanks mister cat. I will call you Neko-sensei. You will teach me how to survive in the streets.

It was dark inside the garbage dumpster. I sense no one near me. It must be 11 pm and it is so cold no one would want to get out. Yet here I am in my 5 stars hotel suite, with my roommate, eating 3 days old pizza ! What can you ask more.

Before I knew it I was a sleep. It has been a while since I had a dream. Tonight again I dreamt of nothing. Before I knew it, the sun was rising. Some stores shall open soon. I need to wash myself so I can enter some stores without looking suspicious. My roommate is still sleeping. I keep the house under your protection. I may never come back roomie. I will miss you, you know. Oh come neko-sensei at least act sad because we are splitting away. He kept sleeping. Cats really are the worst.

I went to a public toilet. Along with me I got two bottle of water that I picked from the dumpster. I filled them with hot water and started washing myself. I noticed I am losing my hair a little. Sad to know I will bald one day. But again, it is not like if I had amazing hair that girls will like me. Plus, after ruining it with Mieruko, I think I will never find a girl like her. My chance of dying alone are as high as ever.