The Fellsun Ruins

This chapter is going to feature the Crackridge Route of Temenos's story. This fic is getting spoiler heavy, but oh well.

Disclaimer: Octopath Traveler II was created by Square.

______________________________________________________________________________

The journey back to the west continent took the better part of a couple of days. Sabrina had sent a carrier pigeon to Glenn, instructing him to oversee the survey in her stead until further notice.

Castii, meanwhile was mixing herbs and thinking about Trousseau. Despite knowing that he had caused the destruction of Healeaks and the deaths of the other members of Eir's Apothecaries, a part of her hoped that she can talk him down, somehow. When the boat docked at Canalbrine, the group headed for the Wildlands.

As they walked, Priscilla privately mulled over her budding feelings for Temenos. Much had happened within the past few days, so there was no time to dwell on it. Though she liked Osvald, who clearly loved his family, he may not be open to the idea of seeking a new romance partner.

"Are you all right?" Sabrina asked.

The Prosecutor shook her head to clear her thoughts"I am just pondering some things."

"Like what?" Temenos asked, curiously.

Priscilla did not feel comfortable broaching the topic"Its just..." She sighed"Well, during our journey, I've come to make so many good friends in you, Osvald, Hikari, Castii, Sabrina and the rest of our travel companions."

"We think of you the same way, Priscilla" Castii told her.

Osvald was not one to pry, but for this instance, he was a bit curious"What brought this on?" He asked, straight to the point as usual. Small talk did not come naturally to him.

Priscilla flushed"Well..." She paused in her steps"I've been meaning to bring this up in private to you or Temenos, Osvald. Plain and simple has always been my style, yet I'm afraid I would be too forward in saying this."

"Let me guess, you have feelings for someone?" Temenos asked with a hint of teasing in his voice.

Priscilla blushed"Nothing gets past you, Temenos. Perhaps once we are in Crackridge, I might tell you."

"I will hold you to that, if we have time" Temenos said.

The group trekked onward, making their way deep into the Wildlands. Stronger monsters stood in their path, necessitating careful strategic planning as the group fought their way through the Crackridge Wilds.

"We'll rest at the inn before we do anything else" Osvald informed his comrades.

"Good idea" Castii replied.

Right as the group entered the town, Temenos addressed the group"I'm going to try to get some information."

Priscilla nodded and headed to the inn with Sabrina, Osvald and Castii. Alistair was already waiting outside for Priscilla and Osvald, he had just checked in at the inn and paid for the night's stay. It hadn't been easy to fight his way to Crackridge by himself, but with careful planning, he managed.

"Its been some time" Alistair greeted Priscilla.

The Prosecutor nodded"Same to you, Alistair. What brings you here?"

"I requested his aid" Sabrina explained, then turned awkwardly to Alistair"Its been a long time."

"Same to you" Alistair replied to Sabrina, awkwardly"How were you faring?"

"Quite well, thank you" the Vellan princess replied"I'm sorry to have gotten you involved when you were in the middle of an assignment from my father, but I felt my group could use the extra help against Harvey."