A Jaded Enigma

This next chapter will have a bit of exposition, though Priscilla's story arc is not quite over. As for the newly-crowned king of Timberain, I don't know what his personality would be like since he apparently never appears, despite being mentioned in Castii's final chapter, so I'm just going along with my own interpretation. He'll just be a minor character, either way.

Disclaimer: Octopath Traveler, its characters and sequel were made by Square

____________________________________________________________________

At Verandell, Captain Cairn had returned to Walden Manor to report back to his boss, who was currently going over some documents"My lord, there has been an unexpected development."

"Oh?" Lord Walden calmly asked"And what might that be?"

"While I was looking into rumors, I ran into Lady Priscilla Whiteshore. She was accompanied by several others" The militia captain replied"She has requested an audience with you."

Lord Walden's expression was unreadable as he contemplated this"I suppose its only natural that she'd come this far, since her father was a prodigious Prosecutor, himself. The apple tends to not fall far from the tree, after all. And this is on top of the fact that the investigation team who came to the Timberain kingdom before was silenced."

"What are we to do, sir?" Cairn asked.

Lord Walden smiled, deviously"Well, unlike the investigation team who came before, silencing her would be impractical. None of the investigation team members were anything special, but Lady Priscilla is from a well-known noble house, and I do not know who or what her companions are capable of. Invite her and her companions to lunch tomorrow, just make sure to hide these documents that I just finished. They would embarrass me were she to find them. Also, she could prove useful."

"Yes, my lord" Cairn nodded, taking the documents that Lord Walden needed hidden and going to hide them in another room.

Lord Walden contemplated further'So, the late Prosecutor Percival's daughter is on the case. Hardly surprising, given what had happened to the previous investigation team who Scarlet had intercepted. I shall just have to improvise on my plans a little.'

_____________________________________________________________________________

Priscilla and her group had spent the night at the inn in Timberain following their success in stopping Trousseau before he could murder everyone in the castle town and the castle itself. There had been some stragglers who didn't make it to safety in time before the poisoned rain hit, but Castii was able to administer the cure onto the inflicted people. 

Sabrina and Alistair were relieved that the other was okay, and so was everyone else. Trousseau's body was retrieved and sent to be buried near Winterbloom in a casket at Castii's request.

Castii, herself was relaxing in her room after having spoken with a Scrivener about how it wasn't just her, but the rest of Eir's Apothecaries who saved Timberain.

Soon, there was a knock on the door. Castii answered"Yes?"

Alistair, Sabrina, Priscilla and Temenos came into the room. The knight said"The guard from earlier says The new king of Timberain has agreed to meet with me, Sabrina and Priscilla regarding the Justice Minister and the Crimson Sun, he even wishes to extend his thanks to you and the rest of us for saving Timberain and he's considered beginning relations with Vella."

"I just did what's right" Castii said, a bit embarrassed by the attention she is getting.

"We were all a part of the effort to save Timberain" Alistair smiled.