Brave - Chapter I

Brave

Chapter I

She sighed deeply as she hung up the phone. It was, yet again, Mr. Simon Masrani who she just spoke with. The man had been calling her non-stop for six months straight now. He's offering her a job at a well-known park, with an enormous amount of salary that anyone would be just as stupid as her to let go.

In the past, she kept on saying "I can't talk about that right now. I'm a bit busy." or "I would have to think about it, Mr. Masrani. If you can just follow up with me after a few days, please.", she actually got tired ans just turned it down. He was adamant though. He told her that he'll give her about a week to think it over again.

She understood why he is being pushy about her signing up the contract. Being in the medical field for nearly five years with numerous awards and recognitions on her bag, she knew that it was the main reason why. She would've accepted it in a snap of a finger had been not for the park's history itself.

Yes, she's that afraid of being one of the dinosaurs' meal. Who would blame her if she have a lot of responsibility on her shoulders? Bills, groceries, rents. She also have to save up a lot of money for her four-year old daughter's education in the future.

She is a single mother. Raising her daughter alone, while juggling work and med school all at the same time wasn't an easy task. She barely slept three hours a day, few years back. Now she has a stable job that would provide just enough for the two of them, she just couldn't give it up for something which is too risky.

Samantha shook her head, smirking. Masrani's definitely desperate to still give her a week to think of the offer, when she already turned it down. Reaching for the phone which she placed on the cradle five minutes ago, she dialed her home phone number.

"Hello?" it was her babysitter, Andrea.

"Andi, where's Sarah?" she asked smiling while looking at her clipboard for the last time, going over her patients profile.

"Oh, the kid's here, beside me," she heard the girl crouched down to where her daughter is. "Sarah, Mom's on the phone."

"Mommy!" her kid squealed. "Are you going home?" the girl chirped.

She smiled, "Yes, sweetheart. Now, I want you to be good, okay?"

"Uh-huh. I was a good girl. I didn't eat too many candies, just 'nough. And i had nappie with Andi."

"Good girl! Now, I want you to pass the phone to Andi. Mommy's gonna talk to her first, okay?"

"Mmmkay... I wuv you," she smiled at the cuteness. "And I love you too, little one."

"Yes, Sam?" it was Andrea again.

"I'm about to go. Just gonna do one more round to check the patients. I'll be there in an hour. You aren't in a hurry, are you?"

"Nope, not at all. It's a friday night, anyway. Just some friends going over later for movie night, is all." the teen nonchalantly replied.

"Alright, I'll give you your paycheck once I get home. See yah!" she hung up the phone.

Tying her golden locks in a messy bun, with her clipboard between her arm and her torso, she went out to check her patients one last time.

She was almost done and on to her last patient when her mobile phone rang loudly. She fished it out of her side-pocket and saw an unregistered number. Thinking it might be important or an emergency perhaps, she pushed the green button on her screen to answer the call.

"Dr. Samantha Blundell speaking," she replied tiredly.

"Sam, it's me..."

She almost dropped her phone in shock and in fear.

--

Hello there. So, first chapter is up. It's short but I'll make it up on the next one. Hope you readers will like it.

06/30/2015