Brave - Chapter XIII

Brave

Chapter XIII

"There you are, you two!" Sam heard the woman, who approached the boys, said.

She was wearing a pair of gray pants-suit, holding her phone. The lady got nice wavy black hair. And basing it from what she'd heard, she was British. With the way she carried herself, she looked exactly like Claire. Uptight and all business.

People were screaming and running all over the place, trying to get away from the Pterosauruses. Some were getting beaten up. Some were lying on the ground, wounded. A Pterodactyl flew above her. It almost got her on her shoulders but it only caught her cardigan, which she immediately removed before it took off flying. Crouching down, Sam held her chest, panting.

A scream broke her out from the morbid thoughts she was thinking. She looked up from her position and saw the British lady being taken away by another Pterodactylus. She watched in vain as the other lady's shoulders get clawed by the flying dinosaur. Screaming for her life, she was dropped on the pool where another prehistoric mammal lived. Sam gaped in shock as she saw her got eaten alive by the Mosasaurus.

Zach and Gray ran from the side of the pool towards her direction, with horrified looks on their faces. Gray was too young and shouldn't have witnessed what just transpired in front of them. Sam remained on her position, still looking out for the two. They kept running and got attacked by another winged-dinosaur. They backed up, and kept doing it. The bird didn't stop, so she quickly scanned her surroundings and found a broken chair. Grabbing it, she started running towards the boys and stabbed the Pterodactylus as it landed just an inch away from them, unmoving.

"Thank God!" she sighed.

The two just stared at her. Zach's lip were pressed into a thin line, almost smiling. Gray was looking on his left side. Someone with short brown curls was being attacked. He was wearing a brown vest and a light blue button up shirt. Then she realized who it was. It was Owen, someone she didn't want to see at that time.

"Is that Aunt Claire?" Zach asked, looking at someone standing on a higher platform.

Claire's usually straight orange hair was unruly. Her torso clad in a purple tank, paired with her white skirt and heels. She was filthy. First time she saw Claire not properly made-up. With what's been going on, she bet that she wouldn't be.

Sam was about to go and save Owen, when Claire beat her to it. She went down from the platform and grabbed his gun. She shot the animal two or three times. After making sure the now-should-be-extinct bird was dead, she helped him up. He grabbed her nape and gave her hard kiss.

Her tears started falling out when she heard Gray said, "That's her boyfriend, Sam?! He's a bad-ass!"

Zach turned around to look at her. As quickly as she could, she turned around trying to hide her tears. But it didn't go unnoticed. Zach saw her tearing up and frowned. He wondered if he really was his Aunt Claire's boyfriend. And what was his relation to Sam. He walked near her and tapped her shoulder. "You okay, Sam?"

Without looking back at him, she smiled and nodded. "Yes, I am. You two are safe now. I'd have to go get Sarah back so we can leave." She wiped her tears and turned around, her nose a bit red, "You two are gonna be fine. Stick with Claire and Owen, okay?"

"You are not okay" he said to her.

"Don't be silly! I'll be fine!" she forced out a laugh. She touched his cheek, while Gray ran to where Claire and Owen were. "Look out for your brother."

She started walking away, when she heard Owen called out her name. "Sam!"

Without glancing at him, she started running away towards the Center. She didn't know if the cruise ships were on board, to get all the guests out of the island. She just wanted to get away from them, as far as she could. That's the reason why she never let anyone, any man, get too close to her. She was afraid her heart would be ripped to pieces. More than the Indominus Rex's escape and attack, that moment was more excrutiating for her.

--

"Sam!" he was about to go after her, when a hand grabbed his arm.

He looked at it, then to the person's face. Claire. He learned that she was not just the typical overly controlling woman he came to know back then. She was brave and she would do anything just to protect the people she loved. But what she did astonished him. He grasped her nape to give her a thank-you hug. He was astounded when she grabbed his vest and landed her lips on his. As much as he enjoyed the kiss, it didn't give him the tingly sensation he felt whenever he kissed Sam.

"Aunt Claire?" it was her older nephew. He got this disapproving look all over his face. "Is he your boyfriend?"

They didn't answer. Owen didn't know what to tell these kids. He didn't need to explain to them. So , he kept quiet.

"That was so cool! You're a badass!" Gray exclaimed in delight.

"We have to go, Owen. We can't afford to lose anymore time. You chase her and leave the Indominus on the loose, people will die. Or we chase that thing out there, we save a whole lot of lives, including hers and Sarah's. Your choice, hon" Claire said.

He pondered for a moment. Claire was right. He could not be selfish. There were a lot of people in danger and thinking about Sam at the moment was not something that could save them. He nodded his head and started running, with the three of them in tow.

They found a 4x4 in an alley. A Pterodactyl was just right behind them. People were being chased. He drove them to a small space and parked. The flying dino just passed by, still running after guests. They all sighed at the same time.

"We're never leaving your side!" Gray said.

"I'm not gonna leave you. I'll stay with you-" Claire was cut off.

"No, no, no! We meant him!" Zacha nd Gray chorused, pointing at Owen. "Him!"

"Oh!" she gasped.

--

"Lowery?" she pushed the door open. She couldn't help getting apalled by what she saw. Several men in black clothes and vests, with guns on their shoulders.

"What's going on, Lowery?" she asked him, who was just in a corner, watching those people take over the system.

"Hoskins' took over" he said blatantly.

"Why?"

"Because Mr. Masrani is dead and Hoskins think that he'd be a better leader" he shrugged his shoulders.

"Get a hold of yourself, Lowery!" she hissed. "You, you're not in here for nothing. Do your job, with or without your boss' presence!"

"You're right!" Lowery lit up. "I should be the one in control here." He frowned, "I think I sounded like Claire there. Anyway, I think I should call her."

"You don't have to get her opinion anymore, Lowery. She's not the boss of you. Not after this mess started, anyway."

"Right, right."  He nodded his head couple more times before pointing to one corner. "Your daughter's there. She fell asleep, so I laid her on the table."

"Thanks, Lowery." She kissed his cheek.

He blushed and covered it by waving his hand, as if forcing her to leave him alone. He clapped his hand several times before commanding people to get outside, those who were not supposed to be there. She watched smiling, as he took over the office again, on his own.

Sam carried Sarah outside, with their things being pulled by her.  It was time to leave the awful yet wonderful place. It was paradise for her, at some point. She was thankful that she met the people she came to get close with. But at the same time, she regret smashing down the walls she built for years. She just hoped that everything would be okay, from that point.

She followed where all the people were being directed to go, by the park's security team. She kissed Sarah's head and sighed with relief when they got in a warehouse, where all the wounded people were being tended.

Dropping their things in a corner, just right beside a security personnel, she laid Sarah on the make-shift bed. Asking the security to look after her daughter, so she could help curing the wounded. He agreed, so she gathered her medical bag and went on to her first patient.

--

Here's a chap for all of you. Hope you enjoyed. Sorry for the late update.  I'm not really feeling well.

Ciao!

07/17/2015