Americano

As I boarded the train, the rhythmic rattle of the wheels on the tracks seemed to reflect my inner turmoil. As I left the peaceful embrace of the Italian countryside, every sunny moment with Elio felt like a stolen treasure and I couldn't shake the heaviness inside me. The familiar warmth in the carriage did not ease the pain of parting. Memories of those relaxing afternoons spent under the shade of ancient trees, where our laughter mixed with the aroma of ripe fruit, dance vividly in my mind. Every shared look, every gentle touch is seared into my soul like an artist’s strokes on a canvas. But alongside the bittersweet nostalgia, there's also a shadow of uncertainty. Our inevitable separation always lingers in the background, casting a poignant tinge on our stolen moments of happiness. Now, as the train sets off, its rhythmic rhythm seems to emphasize the finality of our separation.

Regret whispers in my ears, reminding me that our time together is fleeting. What if we met under different circumstances? What if we allowed ourselves to fully embrace the depth of our connection without being limited by social expectations? But amid the sadness and longing, there is also a glimmer of hope. I hope that maybe at some point fate will bring us together again. The embers of our love, even dimmed by distance, will continue to smolder until one day we can rekindle its flame. As the train moved through the landscape, taking me away from Elio and the precious moments we shared, I couldn't help but take one last look out the window. The landscape blurs into a kaleidoscope of fleeting images, each a poignant reminder of the love I left behind.

Although my heart aches at our separation, I take comfort in knowing that our connection will endure, an eternal echo of passion and longing that transcends the boundaries of time and space.