Chapter 2

After exploring and seeing how much the place had grown and changed, but the beautiful woods remained the same, Phoebe had just settled in a both at the Mystic Grill to have some lunch when she got a call from Luka. Apparently Poppy had been taken to the nurse in near hysterics and had yet to calm down, so the witch had decided to call Phoebe to come and get Poppy in the hopes it'd calm her down. Promising to be there in a couple of minutes, Phoebe got up and made her way to the school where Luka met her at the front and led her to the Nurses office, her daughter's distress clear before she'd even entered the room. Her entrance into the room had the nurse scowling until Poppy crashed into her arms still crying.
- I'm Phoebe, her mother. What happened
- I'm afraid we don't know, she hasn't calmed enough for us to even get a clear sentence
- I understand, I'll take her home and we'll see how she's doing tomorrow
- of course. I'll inform her teachers
- Thank you
With Poppy tucked into her side, Phoebe led her out to the car and got her situated before turning back to the young witch
- You ok to finish out the day Luka?
- I'll be good Miss Phoebe
Nodding, Phoebe got in the car and started for home, the occasional sniffle was all she could hear from her daughter as they pulled up at the house
- What happened sweetheart?
- I saw her mama
- Who?
- Carolina
Poppy pulled her phone out and pulled up the photo she'd taken before handing it to her mother. Phoebe felt her heart stop as she gazed at the young blonde who looked to much like her for it to be a coincidence.
- We'll figure out what this means sweetheart
The wolf assures as they got out of the car, Phoebe wondering how she'd explain that their daughter had had a meltdown at school because she'd potentially seen her older sister.