Same Mundane Life, But Now With A Flavour

Soojin

Our 5 days trip to Paris was marvelous. I couldn't ask to go there again for the sake of Alex's money. But he had money plant in his gardens and cheered jollily when I said that I enjoyed the trip with him.

At Work:

"Miss Min, please hand over the Eco-space project files to the executives for further collaboration with other companies," my colleague handed them to me.

I read everything once before taking the lift to the Executive's cabin.

"Oh my princess, wait for me," Alex said and stopped the door of the lift with his muscular arms. 

I laughed at his childishness.

"You don't have any work?" I asked him curiously. He always roamed around in the office. Didn't he work?

"Baby, I guess you forgot that I am the HOD and I have everything under my control. Also my jobs are actually correcting their mistakes and solving difficult Online cases which come once in a blue moon," he smirked and got inside.

I pressed the button to go to the designated floor when he took the research papers from my hand.

"Hey! Give it to me," I tiptoed on my feet but it was of no use. He was taller than me. I scrunched my nose and he poked it.

"Wait, let me read it first. Let's see how the Researchers of our company are working," he winked, leaned against the wall of the elevator ans started reading.

The elevator door opened. He gave me the file and I walked inside the Executive's office.

After 2 mins, I came out and he was waiting outside for me. I smiled internally knowing that except for Sooah, Alain and my parents no one had ever waited for me.

"You didn't have to wait," I said putting my hands across my chest.

He approached me with his strong demeanor and hugged me. I could smell his fresh cologne. The leather of his jacket gave a spine-chilling sensation against my skin, a remainder of what this man can do.

"Alex, not here," I escaped from his hug and he hummed a small sorry.

At Home:

"Are you gonna be late tonight?" Sooah asked me when she saw me leaving the house wearing a midi-dress.

"Umm..depends. You sleep soon and don't wait for me," I smiled at her and left.

At Alex's residence:

I was kept waited by Alex for a long time. I wandered what he was doing in the kitchen for so long. His maids told me to wait in the living room.

"Sorry, for keeping you waited for so long," he said and I glanced at his direction.

He was wearing an apron which was covered with flour and sauce. His forehead had stains of spices. I couldn't help but laugh at his silliness.

"Oh dear! Don't spoil your handsome face like this," I covered my mouth with my palm.

"Anything for you darling. I am coming back in 10 mins," he winked and moved upstairs.

I didn't bother to sit anymore and started exploring the living room of his house. It was huge. Furnitures made of of sal wood, a bright chandelier hanging from top. He had a mini theater and shelves with books.

The walls were coloured with a light shade of pink and one of the walls had a beautiful scenery painted with The Andes.

"Oh, you're back," I grinned and hugged him.

"I was admiring my future wife who was busy admiring her house," he smirked and I blushed at the thought of his 'future wife'.

I sat with him in the dinning table and was surprised to see the authentic K-dishes prepared by him. I grew up eating them, I haven't visited Korea for 4 years and I missed the cuisine there. Nowadays,  we devour on American food only because Authentic K-dishes take time to prepare and both I and Sooah are busy.

"You prepared everything by yourself?" my curiosity rose.

"Yeah, but I don't know if they're good or not," he scratched the back of his neck.

I took a kimbap and stuffed it in my mouth. "You're amazing Alex Anderson. They're delicious. I bet you can beat Sooah in making kimbap."

"I like the way how you pronounce kimbap."

"Sooah pronounces better," I winked and he chuckled.

Throughout the dinner we gossiped a lot and for drinks he prepared a bottle of soju too. It felt to me that I was dinning in a Korean restaurant. 

"Cheers!" he grinned moving the glass forward and I laughed.

At Home:

I reached home at 11 o' clock and my sister was fast asleep at that time. Alex dropped me and even gave me a goodnight kiss.

 I dropped on my bed and rested my chin on the pillow reminiscing our beautiful moments. My gaze fell on Alain's diary which was kept on the night stand. I sat straight on the bed resting my head on the headset and started reading another page of his diary.

September 12th, 2017

Dear Diary,

My mid-term results came out today and as expected, Luisa topped the class today. I came 2nd and Soojin 5th. Luisa proposed me today and I rejected her. I am telling this thing to you only. I don't have the guts to tell this to anyone. The boys would go crazy even if she just drinks water from her bottle - school's female heartthrob of course. You know what's crazy, she fits in my ideal type - only her physique but something inside my heart told me to deny this proposal, I couldn't figure what. Whatever it was, it was for my good only. I don't want to start dating this early. My parents, although, started dating when when they were in Middle-school, however I am a bit different from them. I think these certain changes in me are occurring because of a certain 'Asian' and I am happy with that.

My mom cooked my favourite butter pancakes. I called papa to inform him about my results and he was thrilled. But in the finals, I have to beat Luisa. 

Soojin didn't come to play today. One of her dramas after exam results - ah God! I have to console her tomorrow...maybe I can gift her a tomato plant because she looks like that when she cries.

From

Your Faithful Owner,

Alain Abreo.