The Bottomless Pit

A bottomless pit.

I have felt this even since taking the plane to New York.

I couldn't wrap my head around everything that had happened since I met Riccardo.

Everything seemed surreal as if I were on a reality show. Everything that happened was a script, and I had no power to change anything similar to the Truman Show.

The only difference is that Riccardo was the author, and I was the main character, who was deemed to be held captive in this bottomless pit.

The weird thing was that I had no control over my body when it came to Riccardo. As if he held the strings and made me feel whatever he wanted me to, I would obey without question.

I have struggled with anxiety all my life, but it never made me feel as desperate as I feel whenever Riccardo is around me.

It was as if Riccardo possessed something my body craved, and no other man could ever provide it.

Last night was a concrete example of this.

I started to gain conscience but was too tired to open my eyes. The room was filled with wood and whiskey smell as I lay comfortably on a hard and toned chest.

I should have been terrified after Antonio's warnings about Riccardo. I should have run away in that instead. I should have been scared to be close to Riccardo, let alone let him touch me.

But I was neither scared nor terrified.

My hands moved independently as they trailed over Riccardo's muscular chest, feeling everything on his abdomen, from his slightly hairy chest to his R-shaped necklace.

I was in complete bliss and satisfaction and had no regrets for letting him fuck me. In fact, I would let him do it again and again.

I opened my eyes and tilted my head to peer up to his handsome face. He was sleeping with his mouth parted, and light snores filled my ears as I observed his features.

His usually neat brown hair was tousled, and some part of it rested on his forehead, making him look like an innocent little child.

His brown lashes reached his brows, which made me question why God had given him such features and made me jealous.

His stubble beard has grown, but even they were not enough to hide his slightly plump and kissable lips.

I saw a different side of Riccardo, a part of him buried deep inside his twisted soul: the caring.

I never thought I would see a day when Riccardo could show affection and care towards anyone.

Besides, Mr. Finn, of course.

That fluffy bud has the ability to get love and tenderness even from a heartless psycho like Riccardo Ricci.

Riccardo stirred under me before opening his captivating brown eyes. "Good morning, piccolina." His gruffly voice filled my ears, making me beam up to him.

"Morning," I murmured in his chest, trying to hide my face from his gaze.

He chuckled as he placed his finger under my chin, making me look up to him. "How are you feeling, baby?"

I swooned at the nickname as he rubbed my chin with the pad of his thumb. "I am perfect," I said honestly as I finally felt... whole.

Riccardo smiled as his other hand caressed my naked back, making goosebumps wherever he touched.

He leaned down before planting a soft kiss against my temple. "As much as I want to continue what we were doing last night," he drawled. "I know you are sore and need to get some rest."