Chapter 12: Makee

As Chief and I were flying back to Reach, something unusual was happening on one of the UNSC ships. Reach intercepted a voice call from the ship, but the message was too muffled to understand. It was in Sangheili, but the transmission was badly interrupted. Miranda Keys couldn't make out the message and asked Admiral Parangosky if she could take a sample of the recording to run tests and find out what was being said. Admiral Parangosky nodded without saying anything. Miranda smiled, grabbed a flash drive from the computer, and walked out of the main hub.

    I walked around the ship as Chief flew us back to Reach. Once he put the ship on auto-pilot, he walked over to me. I looked up at him and asked, "Are you okay, Chief?" He smiled and nodded. Leaning in close to my ear, he whispered, "We are alone in the ship again," before pulling away and looking at me. A dark blush showed up on my cheeks as he cupped my cheek and rubbed his thumb on it, comforting me. I leaned into his touch as we both looked at each other. Our armors had been taken off for comfort,  it was going to be a 4-day trip back.

      I took a deep breath as he just looked at me "Can I..." He said as he slowly leaned down, closer and closer to my lips, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as his lips touched mine. He pulled me closer to him as his hand wrapped around my waist, his other hand that was on my cheek when under my hair, and cupped the back of my neck. I gasped lightly as he did so. After a couple of seconds of him kissing me, he picked me up and carried me to the bedroom on the ship. He laid me on the bed and got over top of me, I looked at him with a blush as he leaned down to my ear and whispered "It's not like we have never done this before." He said in a very flirty tone as he kissed my neck lightly and as his hands moved over my body. I woke up in the bed with all of our clothes all over the room and my eyes widened, the room was a mess, did we really get that into it? I looked over a Chief who was asleep on his stomach facing the opposite direction, I slowly got out of bed and covered myself as I made my way to the restroom. As I came out of the restroom, Chief was standing there already dressed, he was fixing his sleeve cuff. He looked up and down at me as I was still completely naked with just a sheet over me, He smiled as he walked closer to me "Looked like someone didn't put her clothes on before leaving the room." He said as he wrapped his arm around me. 

     I smiled and blushed at his words. "Well, I needed the restroom; I couldn't wait to put my clothes on," I said as I looked up at his grinning face. I playfully slapped his arm. "Don't look at me like that," I said as I moved him out of my way to put my clothes back on. After I came out to see Chief flying the ship, I sat down in the co-pilot seat. He looked over at me and grabbed my hand. "I'm glad you are here," he said as I looked at him. "Ch-Chief," I said as I blushed. He smiled as he looked at me. "That was fun last night; maybe we should do it again tonight," he said with a wink. I smiled and shook my head. "Geez, John," I said. 

    4 days passed

    We arrived at the UNSC base on Reach and were greeted by soldiers pointing guns at us. As we stepped out of the ship, Master Chief instinctively pushed me behind him to keep me safe, forgetting that I too am a Spartan. Dr. Halsey appeared and ordered the soldiers to lower their weapons. She then informed us that there was a problem. After exchanging concerned looks with Chief, she led us to a cell where a girl was waiting. As soon as she saw Chief, she called out his name and approached him, placing her hand on his chest. Feeling jealous, I pulled him away from her and firmly told her not to touch Master Chief. Chief lightly smiled at my reaction. Dr. Halsey explained that the girl had insisted on speaking only to Chief, but she wouldn't reveal the reason. Chief nodded at me, reassuring me that everything would be alright, before entering the cell room and the door closed behind him.

      I sat down on a chair outside the room, An hour went by and Chief finally came out of the room, He looked very upset. Master Chief didn't look at me, he just left. My heart sank into my stomach, I immediately ran after him, I grabbed his arm "Hey Chief, what happened in there? You have never ignored me like this." I asked. He looked at me with a sad look "I'm sorry." He said as he turned away and walked away. I stood there shocked and confused, what did he mean he was sorry? All of a sudden, I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen, I let out a sharp gasp. Master Chief immediately stopped and turned around, Makee escaped and found a sharp object and stabbed it straight through my abdomen. I collapsed to my knees, and Cheif's eyes widened "Y/N!!" Chief yelled as he ran and slid to catch me. Makee smiled and laughed as she looked at Chief "Now just remember what happened between us." Makee said as she walked down the hall. Chief sat there with me in his arms shocked and worried "HELP!!" Chief yelled.

Thank you for reading, I hope this chapter is good, I wanted to put this chapter out as soon as possible so you guys can continue reading. I hope you enjoy the story. Let me know what you think in the comments. I love reading your comments. Until Next Time, BYE BYE!!! :)