Chapter Three

"You know I always did like you." Mor was saying with a smirk.

"You guys are no fun." She added gesturing to Amren and Feyre.

The silver eyed fae turned to reply.

"I don't need to get so drunk that i can't speak to enjoy myself, Morrigan."

"And i have work to do but maybe next time." Said the high lady.

Mor had been asking if anyone wanted to go to Rita's with her, and Nova of course, had just finished training so immediately agreed as long as the others could come as well. As much fun as Mor was, it's nice to have someone your age.

So now, Her, Mor, Dya and Nyx where headed off to get as drunk as possible before the rite next week. Okay so maybe it wasn't the best plan Nova had ever had, but it was certainly a fun one. And if they're going to face their death next week, they might as well enjoy life now.

What's the worst that could happen?

"Ugh you're so mean, you meanie!" Nova said through her giggles

"You just need to loosen up a little you know. Have a bit of fun."

"I really don't think that my father would find it funny." Replied Nyx

"Thats exactly why you should do it." Said Cassian from where he was having his hair braided by his daughter Dya. He had shown up an hour earlier when the wine was already flowing freely.

"Just think of his face when he sees it"

"You do have a point." Nyx was contemplating whether or not he should use his surprisingly good artistic abilities to make a painting that shows the significance of an Illyrian's wingspan. And hang it up in front of his parents bed.

"Oh come on just do it." Says Nova, her words slurred going in for another sip of her drink.

Nyx takes the glass from her hands.

"No chance, you're already drunk enough as it is, you really should get back."

"But I don't wanna go!" She whines as Nyx collects her coat and bag.

Nyx rolls his eyes and looks back at Nova.

"Look you are clearly not okay, your going you home whether you like it or not."

"But-" Nova tries to speak but Nyx cuts her off.

He scoops her up into his arms and starts to fly them back to the river house.

                                 Nyx

Nova fell asleep at some point during the flight home and Nyx was planning on laying her down in her own bed, but even sleeping Nova's grip was like a vice which Nyx could not free himself from, so he took her to his room and let her sleep curled up against his chest; Her soft breathing lulled him to sleep.

It had nothing to do with how right it felt to have her in his arms, nothing to do with how perfectly their bodies fit together, nothing to do with how beautiful she looked as he brushed the hair from her face.

Nothing.

Nova woke up feeling warm

Nova woke up feeling warm. Extremely warm. She tried to remove the excessive blankets that she assumed were the reason for the heat, but they wouldn't move. She couldn't move. A pair of tan arms were wrapped around her waist and her back was laid flush against a hard chest. What the fuck?

"Mum dad Nyx has a girl in his room!" Said Luna. Luna?

Oh shit

Everything started coming back in pieces: dancing, drinking, flying home and-  It stopped there, as did the footsteps rushing towards the door.

"Nyx?" Feyre called out.

"Who's that?" Asked Rhysand.

Shit.

The questions from his parents had woken Nyx up, he sat up wiping the sleep from his eyes and immediately pulled him and Nova underneath the sheets after seeing his family stood staring at them.

Luckily, Nova's face was covered by Nyx's arm and the high lord and lady had not yet recognised her.

Luna instantly piped up. "Nyx who is this and can I meet her."

There was no getting out of this. Nova tugged the covers off of her and sat up.

"Oh my fucking- Nova!?"

"Language Luna!" Chastised her mother.

"Finally!" Said Rhys, laughing.

"We always knew you two would get together." Cassian added.

Wait Cassian? When did he get here?

"Wait no it's nothing like that Nyx just brought me home because I was drunk and fell asleep!" Nova tries to explain to them but they don't listen.

"Yeah right. Then why was he holding you like you're his."

Why was Luna so good at pointing these things out?

"Well um uh... I didn't do anything with her I swear." Nyx says, not convincing anyone.

"Oh wait until Az see's this."

"Luna stop teasing them, they're both adults and can make their own choices. We're very happy for you both and im glad you've found someone Nyx." Says Feyre.

"NO we aren't together mum I swear- like we're not dating it's not like that I  brought her home." Nyx tries to explain

"Sure sounds like you are to me."

"Cass no it's not like that!"

Rhys came up to Nova and told her to treat Nyx well then went back to gossiping as bas as the suriel right in front of their faces.

When Nyx and Nova turned to look at eachother, they locked eyes and the mating bond fell into place.

Fuck.

Hey readers I can't believe you're actually here reading. I love you all and I hope you had a great Easter to those who celebrate. I loved writing this part though I feel it might be rushed, but I hope you enjoyed reading it. Tell me what you think of it in the comments. Also you are amazing and don't let them (whoever that may be) change your mind.

Bye bat boy lovers!