w o u l d y o u r a t h e r

FMB

As I listen to the waves crash against the shore, I think of where I'm at in life right now

As I listen to the waves crash against the shore, I think of where I'm at in life right now. We just finished taping "The Color Purple" and I can honestly say it has changed my life for the better. Once I got the role I decided to stop going to therapy to get more into Celie's character. Me stepping to this role again was something I didn't want to ever again, when I first was introduced to this character it was very hard for me.

Hearing that you are ugly, and worthless, every single day can really make a lasting impression in your brain. But once Blitz gave me the run down on this new take he had for the movie I was in one hundred percent.

I loved the idea of Celie getting an imagination. As black people, it is important to show other people that we don't sit in wallow in our trauma, instead we think our way out of it.

I look around my dimly lit room, the smell of Vanilla and Bourbon lingered in the air. I turn over and look at my digital clock, it reads 12:50PM, Would I be an alcoholic if I drunk a glass of wine right now?

"I don't think so.. It's five o clock somewhere" I say to myself with a shrug. I step of my California King size bed and make my way to brush my teeth. I rise my mouth out with water and head to the wine cellar.

"What am I feeling like today?"

I decided on drinking "Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Grand Cru" I haven't opened it yet because I wanted to save it for something special, I obviously didn't get to do that after finding out my Ex-Husband in bed with my best friend. This wine was very very expensive, over 100k a case!

I grab a wine glass and open up the bottle. As I pour the burgundy liquid into the glass, I instantly understand why the wine was well loved. I raise the glass to my mouth, the floral and fruity scent engulfs my nose, making me sigh in content. The taste is out of this world, semi-sweet, with notes of plum and blackberry, leaving a silky finish on my tongue.

Walking up to my couch, I turn on the TV. Scrolling through my phone, I see a post from "The Shade Room" . Taking a big ass sigh, I click on it to see what they were talking about.

"Singer Fantasia Barrino and Actress Danielle Brooks shade Taraji P. Henson during interview with Gayle King!"

What the fuck?? If anything Gayle was shading Taraji. Danielle and I wanted to leave, we weren't going to stand and let Okra and Gayle gossip. Reading the comments I let out a bitter laugh. These niggas always like to bring up the past any time my name is brought up in the tabloids. But I guarantee you we can't go band for band, record for record, cause when it comes to me? Imma win every damn time.

Looking through the comments on the post my phone started to ring. I smile looking at the name and answered it.
"Hey baby!" Her sweet voice spoke through the phone.