Chapter six

As the day of departure for Hogwarts drew near, Harry and Hermione found themselves packing their trunks in Hermione's bedroom, excitement and anticipation bubbling within them. They chatted animatedly about their upcoming classes, their plans for the school year, and the adventures that awaited them.

But as they were about to leave, Hermione's mother entered the room, her face etched with concern. "Harry, Hermione," she began, her voice trembling, "there's something you need to know."

Harry and Hermione exchanged worried glances, their hearts pounding with apprehension. "What is it, Mum?" Hermione asked, her voice laced with fear.

Her mother took a deep breath before delivering the shocking news. "There have been reports of dark activity near Hogwarts," she explained, her voice grave. "The Ministry suspects that there may be Death Eaters lurking nearby."

Harry and Hermione's blood ran cold at the mention of Death Eaters, their minds racing with thoughts of danger and uncertainty. "But... but what does that mean for us?" Harry asked, his voice trembling with fear.

Hermione's mother's expression softened with concern as she placed a reassuring hand on Harry's shoulder. "It means that you need to be careful," she replied gently. "Stay vigilant, stick together, and don't trust anyone you don't know."

Harry and Hermione nodded solemnly, the weight of the news settling heavily upon them. They knew that the road ahead would be fraught with danger, but they also knew that they were stronger together than they were apart.

As they gathered their belongings and prepared to depart for Hogwarts, Harry, and Hermione found a quiet moment alone in Hermione's bedroom. The weight of Hermione's mother's warning hung heavily in the air, but they refused to let it dampen their spirits.

"Hermione," Harry began, his voice tinged with concern, "what do you think we should do when we get to Hogwarts? Should we tell someone about the Pendragon lineage?"

Hermione furrowed her brow in thought, considering Harry's question carefully. "I'm not sure, Harry," she admitted, her voice hesitant. "If we tell the wrong person, it could put us in even more danger. But if we keep it to ourselves, we might miss out on valuable information."

Harry nodded in understanding, his mind racing with possibilities. "Maybe we should talk to Professor McGonagall," he suggested, his voice hopeful. "She's always been a trusted ally, and she might be able to help us figure out what to do."

Hermione's eyes lit up at the suggestion, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "That's a great idea, Harry," she replied, her voice filled with gratitude. "Professor McGonagall has always had our backs, and I'm sure she'll know what to do."

As the Hogwarts Express chugged steadily towards the school, Harry and Hermione found a secluded compartment where they could talk in private. The weight of their impending challenges hung heavy in the air, but they refused to let it dampen their spirits.

Harry's brow furrowed with worry as he glanced at Hermione, concern etched into his features. "Hermione," he began, his voice filled with apprehension, "I don't want you to get hurt because of all this. It's too dangerous."

But Hermione's eyes softened with determination as she reached out and gently cupped Harry's face in her hands. "Harry," she said softly, her voice filled with conviction, "you can't get rid of me that easily."

A playful smile tugged at the corners of Hermione's lips as she leaned in and pressed a tender kiss to Harry's lips. "But in all seriousness," she continued, her voice turning serious, "chosen one or not, I love you, Harry. And I will always be by your side, no matter what."