Chapter eleven

*TW: Assault 😢

As Hermione excitedly opened the package from her parents, her eyes widened in awe at the sight of the beautiful dress nestled within. It was an elegant gown, flowing and delicate, with intricate lace detailing that sparkled in the light.

"Oh, it's gorgeous!" Hermione exclaimed, her voice filled with delight as she held up the dress for Ron and Harry to see.

Ron's eyes widened in surprise as he took in the sight of the dress. "Wow, Hermione, that's... nice," he said, his voice tinged with admiration.

But his enthusiasm was short-lived as Mrs. Weasley approached, a familiar garment in her hands. "Ron, dear, I've got something for you too," she said, her tone cheerful.

Ron's heart sank as Mrs. Weasley handed him a set of dress robes that looked decidedly worn and outdated. "What's this?" he asked, his voice filled with dismay.

Mrs. Weasley smiled warmly at her son. "It's your dress robes, dear," she explained. "They belonged to your brother Bill, then Charlie, then Percy, and now they're yours."

Ron's face fell as he examined the robes, his disappointment palpable. "But... they're awful!" he exclaimed, his tone filled with frustration.

Hermione stifled a giggle at Ron's reaction, trying to hide her amusement behind her hand. "Oh, Ron, they're not that bad," she said, trying to console him. "And besides, it's not about what you wear, it's about having a good time."

Harry chuckled at Ron's predicament, but his laughter was cut short as Viktor Krum approached, his eyes fixed on Hermione with an intensity that made her uncomfortable.

"Hermione," Krum said, his voice low and insistent, "will you accompany me to the Yule Ball?"

Hermione's heart skipped a beat at Krum's unexpected request, her mind racing with uncertainty. "I... I'm sorry, Viktor," she stammered, her voice trembling slightly. "But I'm already going with Harry."

But Krum was not so easily deterred, his gaze unwavering as he pressed on. "You should reconsider, Hermione," he said, his tone persuasive. "I can offer you an unforgettable evening, unlike Potter."

Hermione's discomfort grew with each passing moment, her mind swirling with conflicting emotions. "I appreciate the offer, Viktor," she said, her voice firm, "but I've made my decision."

But Krum wasn't ready to give up just yet, his persistence bordering on insistence. "Think about it, Hermione," he said, his tone imploring. "I can show you a side of magic you've never seen before."

Hermione's resolve wavered as Krum continued to press her, his words stirring a sense of curiosity within her. But before she could respond, Harry stepped forward, his expression protective and determined.

"Leave her alone, Krum," Harry said, his voice firm. "She's made her choice, and she's going with me."

Krum's eyes narrowed at Harry's words, but he backed off, his expression unreadable. "Very well," he said finally, his tone tinged with disappointment. "But don't say I didn't warn you, Hermione."

With a final nod, Krum turned and walked away, leaving Hermione feeling shaken and uncertain. But as she turned to Harry, she found strength and reassurance in his unwavering support, grateful for the love and loyalty that bound them together.

But Krum was not so easily deterred, his gaze unwavering as he pressed on. "You should reconsider, Hermione," he said, his tone persuasive. "I can offer you an unforgettable evening, unlike Potter."

Hermione's discomfort grew with each passing moment, her mind swirling with conflicting emotions. "I appreciate the offer, Viktor," she said, her voice firm, "but I've made my decision."