Chapter 3 - Final

Jay seemed much brighter this morning, almost like yesterday's incident never happened. His new found relationship with his best friend was the topic in Jay's mind. Tim on the other hand was more observant now, he started to notice Jay's more sickly pale skin and deeper eyebags, the skin around his nose looked irritated from constant blowing, "hm," Tim thought to himself "he hasn't been sick recently.." Tim could only come up with the conclusion that he's having nosebleeds which worries him more.

Jay smiled and gently held Tim's hand and walked out the musty motel with him, Tim was smoking a cigarette with his spare hand "I have somewhere to bring you today." Tim said as he opened the passenger door of his car for Jay, Jay seemed a little confused until a smile appeared on his face "really? like a date?" Tim slowly nodded in response "yeah...you could stay that."

As the two drove in the car Tim's head was flooded with all different kinds of thoughts "If Jay is capable of killing a bird  because it was staring at him, imagine what he'd do to a person.." he thought to himself, glancing over at Jay who was pointing his camera out the window and observing, Tim quickly brought his eyes back to the road and continued driving.

"Jay," Tim said softly, his voice completely calm. almost robotic, "you know I love you right?" Jay took a few seconds to respond, Tim telling him he loved him so soon was a bit quick for Jay. Yet, it felt right. "Yeah.." he mumbled, looking over at him.

"Just, remember I'd do anything to keep you safe." Tim mumbled, Jay felt an uneasy feeling in his stomach. It wasn't like Tim to say such things, he tried to manipulate himself into thinking Tim has revealed this new side to himself that Tim hasn't seen yet. Maybe a soft protective side, though Jay knew who the real Tim was. Yet He still loved him dearly

Jay tried not to be too uneasy about Tim's words and just smiled at him "who knew you could be so cringy." Jay said while grinning, Tim smiled and sighed "yeah.." He mumbled. The two men sat in silence after that, the two having uneasy feelings in their stomach's for different reasons. The car eventually came to a stop outside an old college building.

The building was tall, three storeys high. Moss creeped up the red brick walls, covering some of the shattered windows. Fungi growing at the foundation, the place looked familiar. Jay thought he'd seen something like this before but his memory was so bad lately there was no hope trying to guess. "Wow Tim such a cute date spot" he said sarcastically, Tim looked over at him while trying to light a cigarette "what can I say, I'm a gentleman."

The two walked in together, doing their usual investigation. Time seemed to stop for Tim when Jay walked away to look at something, he knew this was the best time to do it. If he didn't do it now he'd only get worse, he crouched down and took a loaded pistol from his boot. His hand was unable to steady, he could barely aim in a straight line, Tim tried to remember the words Brian told him about animals back in college "if you shoot it right in the back of the head....it'll put it out of it's misery without it suffering." he told himself, he had to hold the gun with both hands, he had to give Alex credit for being able to hold it so steadily. "Jay...I just wanted to say, I really do love you, and I can't wait to live my life with you when this is all over.." Jay smiled, he was faced away from Tim still "That's n-.." Jay's sentence was cut off by a loud bang and his body going limp, falling onto the floor and bleeding out from the head. He was dead. Tim stood there in shock, he dropped the gun and looked at his lover's corpse. Tim had planned to do this, when he killed that bluejay he knew Jay would only start to get more and more violent like Alex. 

Tim stumbled over to the new corpse and fell to his knees beside him. He confessed his love to Jay so he'd at least have his last few moments in happiness, Tim knew it would never last anyway. Tim felt the back of his head and let the crimson blood stain his hand, even though it was planned it still hurt. It fucking hurt bad. After what felt like hours he finally stood up, took Jay's camera and left. Leaving the new corpse to rot, alone.

Tim sat in his car for a while and just stared at the camera that now had a broken lens because of it falling at Jay's death. Tim had tears running down his face, Tim never cried but Jay was different to him. He kept the camera close the whole drive home. At least Jay died knowing Tim would never hurt him.