I might just be in love with you, Son Jiwoo

Chanelle walked into her dorm after watching Jiwoo walk into hers, she felt her heart beat race, making her way into her dorm she saw Jihyun and Minju cuddling on the couch, “I’m back guys.” They both look over their shoulders, Minju giving Chanelle a small wave. After waving back she headed over to her room.

Once she closed the door behind her she flopped on her bed. A blush formed on her face as she felt her heart start to race again as she thought about what had happened the previous day and what had transpired that day. “I might just be in love with you, Son Jiwoo.” She muttered.

“Ohhhh,” She jumped when she heard the voice of Jihyun. She quickly caught herself, almost falling off the bed.

“Holy shit, you scared me.” Chanelle said, looking over at Jihyun to see Minju right behind her. She blushed in embarrassment. “You heard that, didn't you?” She said quietly.

“Yeah we did.” Minju commented.

Chanelle's cheeks flushed even redder than before. “So you love Jiwoo unnie?” Jihyun jokingly asks.

“You guys won’t tell anyone?”

Jihyun shook her head, as Minju spoke, “Of course not, you guys are our friends and we may be in a survival show right now but we all still have the same dream, it would be hypocritical if we even thought about telling anyone.”

Chanelle nods slightly. “I think I’ve loved her for a while.” She muttered out.

“Cute.” Minju comments, making Chanelle realize she said it allowed. She felt her cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

-

Over the next week, they practiced on perfecting their performances, until the day of the tryout performances recording session began.

“Our first performance will be the Jiwoo, Jeongeun, Chanelle unit.”

As the three of them walked onto stage, Chanelle started getting nervous, unconsciously squeezing Jiwoo’s hand that she had been holding. Noticing the squeeze, Jiwoo turned around slightly, giving Chanelle a smile, calming Chanelle’s nerves slightly. “You’ll do great, I promise.” She whispers.

“Even if we are going against each other?”

“Yes, you are so talented, I promise you’ll do amazing, okay, make me proud.” Jiwoo said, giving Chanelle a smile, this time sending all of Chanelle’s worries away.

Making their way to the center of the stage, they got ready to introduce their unit name, “We are Bad Me Girls.” They all said in unison.

After a short talk with each of them, they got ready to perform. Suddenly like a wave, all of Chanelle’s worries crashed back in, just as the worries washed in they quickly were swept away once she made eye contact with Jiwoo, ‘I believe in you’ she mouthed to Chanelle. A small blush formed on the latter's cheeks, ‘thank you, I believe in you too’ she mouthed back. Making their way into the formation the lights dimmed, Chanelle could still feel her worry, but knowing that Jiwoo believed in her caused them to not matter.

While performing Chanelle felt all her worries fade away as she heard the cheers from the other trainees and the judges.

“내겐 쉽지 bad boy down.”

As Chanelle sang the last line of their performance, the cheers erupted from both the trainees and the judges.

“Amazing performance!”

“How do we pick?”

“This doesn’t seem like their first time.”

“We have to give one person ‘low level’, right?”

Chanelle heard from the judges. She looked over at Jiwoo, seeing the proud smile on her face. “You did amazing.” She whispered to avoid the mics overhearing.

“You too.”

They stood up standing next to each other as the judges decided on the level each would get.

“I always think that all performances should have killer openings. When we saw the three of you standing in the opening, I felt an aura. But as you went on, even though you could have enjoyed yourselves, I could tell that you were pressured about doing so well.”

“But to express a song, you have to really enjoy the song. Whereas it felt like you focused a lot on technicality.” Hearing this caused Jiwoo’s confidence to start breaking, as she had helped a lot throughout the learning process. Before she could spiral she felt a hand grip hers in a comforting hold. She looked at who grabbed her hand to find chanelle staring at her, she gave Jiwoo a smile, causing her to give her one back.

“Let’s announce the results.” Suddenly the bright white lights turned red.

“First we'll announce High Level.” After a few seconds of the flashing lights, “Jeongeun.” It was as if Chanelle’s heart stopped, one of them would be getting low. As that thought sunk in, she felt all that worry that had been swept away come at full force back. She felt as if she was going to cry, while she didn’t want Jiwoo to get low, she knew that she couldn’t get in low either.

“We’ll announce Low Level next.” This was it, Jiwoo felt her heart torn, while she felt that she should get mid, she didn’t want Chanelle to get low, and she knew full well that Chanelle deserved mid too.

After a few moments, leaving everyone in suspense, one of the judges picked up their mic to speak.

“Jiwoo.”