Chapter 6: The Shatterstrikers

With twenty floors in the Spire of Order, only ten remained before Shadow and the others reached Order itself.

"Good going, guys! And we got a locker key out of the deal!" Pearl said. "That boss though, huh? This Order creep ain't pulling its munches anymore."

"And I agree with you. But somehow, I think these bosses are slowly learning our fighting patterns." Eight said. "I have a weird feeling about it. And Order."

"So do I. Not sure why though." Shadow said.

"It must've made these to stop anyone from ruining its plan. I remember it said it wants to turn the Memverse into a 'colorless world of order'." Marina said.

"And if we're turned into mindless puppets in a colorless world, then Mephiles will have won in our world." Rouge said.

"That's right." Omega said.

"A world of mindless puppets, huh? Sounds exactly like where I was before I came here." Acht said.

"Acht...you weren't in the Deepsea Metro, were you?" Marina asked, in concern.

"Hold up-the Deepsea Metro?! That's where we pulled Eight and Shadow from!" Pearl said, in shock.

"That's the place. Someone or something there took my will away. I was forced to DJ for it." Acht replied. "I don't remember much about my time there. Except... I heard this voice... Point is, it's better left in the past."

"I can't believe you went through something so awful!" Marina said, in concern. "You know, I developed the Memverse in the first place to restore the minds of 'sanitized' Octarians like you. And since we're having this conversation, that means it must've worked!"

"Huh. So that was you, was it? I'm racking up quite the debt." Acht said.

"Guess you have a good point to why you created this place, haven't you?" Shadow said. "At least it's working to those who were affected by what Tartar had caused years ago."

"All this is even more reason to take back the Memverse from Order. Those other Octolings need help too!" Pearl said, worried.

"Time to get back to work then." Shadow said.

"Uh-huh!" Eight nodded.

Shadow and Eight looked back to the floor selection.

"Looks like there's another Vending-Machine Corner coming up." Eight said. "I'll take it, before we continue our journey."

"Alright." Shadow shrugged.

Eight selected the Vending-Machine Corner for Floor 21F.

(// Spire Tower: Floors 21F-29F //)

(*Timestamps and agent selected below*)

*21F: 1:20:41; Eight
22F: 1:21:26; Shadow, Rouge, and Omega
23F: 1:24:00; Shadow and Eight
24F: 1:27:14; Rouge
25F: 1:29:14; Shadow
26F: 1:31:21; Eight and Rouge
27F: 1:32:29; Shadow, Omega, and Eight
28F: 1:34:25; All Four
29F: 1:36:39; Eight*

(/\ Dialogue after certain floors /\)

(/\ Floor 25F /\)

"This run's going pretty good, huh, guys? Feel like we GOTTA be getting close now." Pearl said.

"We are down to five floors left." Shadow said.

"You're right! We're almost at the top floor!" Marina said.