Chapter 10

A/N Nothing to really say except my main focus is to finish this book before the end of this year. Might seem far away but life can also get in the way of writing so it might be a challenge. Don't forget to vote, comment and share this book.

P.S who hates maths cause I sure do and I'm not do so well...I am not a numbers person.

****

I was sitting in the back of Jack's car and texting Ritali about last nights events. We were on our way to Peter's soccer game and man was I tired and excited. Tired because of Caleb's temporary sleepover and excited because I get to watch my little brother play his first official soccer match and maybe because Caleb might be there. Kale returned home early this morning and refused to come with Jack and I since he was so tired.

Once we arrived I put on my sunglasses to hide my tired and naked eyes. I sipped at my plain, normal coffee and walked to the bleachers where only a few parents and family members were seated. I saw Caleb rubbing his temple as Aubrey shoved a Starbucks cup into his hand. He looked tired but I couldn't really see since his eyes were also covered by sunglasses.

I sat next to Jack, debating whether or not to go over to him and say hi.

"Just go," Jackson said, breaking me out of my train of thoughts.

"But she's there." I gestured to Aubrey.

"I think he'd pick you if he had to choose because Aubrey is a selfish bitch and you're funny and unique plus you are beautiful." I was shocked at my brothers words. I hugged him and kissed his cheek before walking to Caleb with the extra coffee in my hand that I had bought him considering how I felt this morning.

I was about to turn around and head back to Jackson but Caleb saw me.

"Ella?" I turned around and forced a smile. Caleb was walking towards me.

"Hey, Caleb." He stopped in front of me and removed his sunglasses. His eyes were painted blue underneath but they seemed to shine brighter than ever.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" God he looked so tired.

"My--uh--brother is playing, remember?"

"Oh yeah, Peter." We stood there in a very awkward silence. "So who's the coffee for?" Oh shit! The coffee.

"It's--uh--for you but I see Aubrey has gotten you se coffee anyway so I'll have it then I guess." I looked at Aubrey who was glaring at me from the bleachers.

"Oh well I mean I can still have it. I don't really like the coffee Aubrey got me. I'm allergic to honey and she put honey in instead of sugar." I smiled nervously. I handed him the coffee and smiled lightly.

He took a sip and smiled, "This is actually how I like my coffee."

Caleb Valley liked his coffee bitter but there has to be a hint of sugar? How do I know this? I like my coffee that way. It felt like I was in some movie or something.

"Me too," I gasped.

We stood there silently and I rocked back and forth on my feet.

"I should get going." He gestured to the group of boys that would be playing in today's match.

I nodded and waved before turning around and walking back to Jackson. I sat down and leaned my head against his shoulder. I'm so stupid.

"I waved." Jack laughed.

"So what's so bad about that?"

"I waved before we were even ten feet apart. I acted like a lovesick puppy," I groaned.

"Calm down."

"He probably thinks I'm stupid and that I'm some desperate teenage girl that has no life." I pouted.

"Well you're wrong. He definitely likes you," he said, nonchalantly.

I was about to reply but the game had started. Within minutes I was cheering Caleb's team on. Peter was a striker and he was sprinting with that ball, dodging the other team before kicking the ball hard and making it spun into the nets. Everyone cheered and Caleb looked at me with the most beautiful, genuinely happy smile. I smiled back and watched him cheer his kids on and encourage them when the referee blew them for some fault. This was who Caleb Valley was, he wasn't some High School popular, he was a caring, sweet and sometimes cocky man with a heart of pure gold ore.

The game ended after the second half was played and Caleb's team won. I ran to Peter and hugged him tightly.

"I'm so proud of you!" And I was.

He smiled and ran to his soccer buddies. Caleb was coming towards me and I was becoming really nervous. He stopped a few inches away from me and smiled.

"Congratulations on winning," I chocked out.

"Thanks but it was really just the boys." He shrugged.

I laughed at his nonchalance even though we both knew he was freaking out during the game when the other team had the ball. I was about to speak but Aubrey decided to join us.

"Look who it is, Cinderella." I rolled my eyes. "Are you here to stalk my boyfriend?"

I glanced at Caleb when she said 'boyfriend'. He stood there motionless and quietly. He never told me that Aubrey and him were dating. But I shouldn't care because we're just friends and he can do whatever he wants to do.

"No, my brother plays in Caleb's soccer team."

Aubrey scoffed before mumbling something in Caleb's ear and stomping away. He looked at me apologetically.

"Sorry about her," he apologized.

"No, no it's okay I just never knew you two were dating."

"Yeah but that's what everyone expects, isn't it?" He asked. I guess he was right, everyone expected the two most popular kids in school to date and why well it's probably written somewhere in a popularity book.

"Yeah." Awkward silence again.

"Well, I should get going." I nodded in agreement.

After saying goodbye I walked to Jackson who had already managed to detach Peter from his friends. I walked past Jackson and held up my hands as if saying:

You know what, don't even ask about it.

I didn't want to talk about Caleb with Jackson because it's just weird, he's my brother.