Chapter 15

Gratitude arrived later - two days later. It dawned on him as he visited Marina Lvovna to tend to a swollen, inflamed wound on his arm - a result of Bright's attack with the sharp end of his shoe. As Daniel watched in astonishment at Marina Lvovna's nimble fingers skillfully stitching the wound, a sense of gratitude washed over him. Perhaps it was the pain jolting the consciousness awake or simply the passage of time allowing him to rationalize. The arm was swollen, fingers stiffened with inflammation - absurdly puffed up, resembling a child's elongated balloon from which a magician crafts toys. Yet, despite the discomfort, the fingers throbbed with life, just as he did. And it was all thanks to Sennoy. Tears welled in his eyes, breathing grew labored, and Marina Lvovna, without lifting her gaze, sternly cautioned, "Be patient, I'm almost done."

"I am," Daniel said, smiling stupidly.

She trimmed the ends of the threads with scissors, sprinkled streptocide on the scarlet, oozing yellow-pink blood, and straightened, exhaling.

"The scar will remain."

Daniel shrugged, resting the back of his head against the wall - it felt euphorically good to savor the wonderful sensation of breathing, feeling, living. He didn't care about the scars.

"Not on the arm, but on the eyebrow," Marina Lvovna poked the vape towards his eyebrow and blew out a chemically fragrant misty stream. "It's a pity that such a beautiful face was spoiled."

"I ain't regretting," Daniel grinned. If it wasn't for the looks, he wouldn't be stuck here. "Scars or not, it doesn't matter. Key thing is I'm breathing."

"True," Marina Lvovna slurped her tea noisily. "You got it rough, little Prince. Usually, the shamed like you get left alone. But you keep comin' to me for repairs."

"No luck," Daniel reluctantly peeled himself off the wall. Didn't want to get back to work, but didn't want to chat with Marina Lvovna either. "Thanks, I'm out."

Sennoy caught up with him at the sewing shop, or rather, he was waiting there, who knows for how long. He hummed with a grin, meeting Daniel's gaze filled with gratitude, and said.

"Let's roll."

The pantry carried the scent of musty, dusty air. Sennoy silently made his way to the window, pulling the bolt up through the grate and pushing open the creaky, rusted window, allowing in the fresh air tinged with recent rain. He turned, resting against the windowsill, leisurely surveying the surroundings from top to bottom. Daniel, without awaiting instruction, unbuttoned and lowered his pants and underwear, retrieving the cream from his pocket and bending over, all the while keeping his gaze fixed on Sennoy. It was unlikely that Sennoy wanted a blowjob - his split lips still crusted over - and Daniel had become adept at discerning Sennoy's desires. A brief glance was all it took to discern Sennoy's current mood. And by the eager glint in his gray eyes, it was clear that Sennoy craved energetic sex tonight, not a mere blowjob. Sennoy nodded in approval, a faint satisfied smile gracing his lips.

Daniel swiftly stretched himself, teetering on the edge of pain, his gaze still fixated on Sennoy - he sensed instinctively that this was what Sennoy desired at the moment. Unlike before, this posture didn't evoke the same unpleasant sense of pressure; the gratitude was too profound.

"Strip completely," Sennoy commanded, sliding off his pants and sitting on the bed, leisurely stroking his stiffening cock. Daniel hesitated for a moment, processing the directive, then unlaced his boots, stepped out of his pants and underwear. With his teeth, Sennot tore open the condom packet, rolled it onto his cock, and motioned for Daniel to approach.

It was only then that Daniel comprehended that he was expected to sit on the cock, and he faltered - this was uncharted territory for him. Offering himself up willingly, face-to-face, unable to mentally detach from the act, and fully engage in a consensual yet coerced transaction was overwhelming, even with the desire to express gratitude for the rescue. Daniel stuttered uncertainly, swallowing hard as he glanced down at the latex-covered, engorged head, while Sennoy, reclining with his hands behind his head, clarified, "What's the hold-up?"