1: It begins

It is harshu's haldi ceremony tomorrow

It is harshu's haldi ceremony tomorrow. I am very excited for her wedding. It is the first wedding of the family. Everybody is excited I hope everything goes well.

"Dolly Dolly where are you?" Harshita's voice reached me before her making my attention to focus towards her. She is angry? No sad? No annoyed? What happened to her.

I looked at her waiting for her to continue with her rant. "My dress for tomorrow it is not fitting me... What size did you give to the tailor It is not at all of my size" she said while making a sad face.

I was confused how is that possible I myself gave birju uncle Harshu's size.
As I did not say anything she continued " It is your size Dolly not mine" I was shocked how is that possible I took the dress from her hands and looked at it carefully and I honestly can't make a difference.

"We are almost the same size Harshu what is the big deal? Wear it as it is" I told her looking unbothered but mentally making a note to tell Birju uncle to correct the measurements for her wedding dress.

"No we are not!!! You are flat and I have curves" she said with sarcasm I rolled my eyes towards her as I could see her smiling face "Acha I am flat? And you have curves?" I asked repeating her words to which she replied with a nod and with that I started running behind her while she ran ahead of me to save herself from the monster she has awaken.

"Maa Maa see na Dolly is hitting me" she said as she hid behind Taiji and peeped through her shoulders. Taiji who is constantly in bad mood glared at both of us and with that we left that room. Not wanting the bride to be to get scolded as she leaves the house and settles a new one.

It has been decided that I will wear the dress of Harshu which was for her Haldi and I agreed to do so because one it fits me perfectly and two it is not that extravagant. It is a very normal and simple dress.

I do not understand today's generation where they say that we should not wear similar colour to bride in her special day and outshone her. Like are they for real? How can you outshine the bride in an Indian wedding that is not possible. I find this concept bullshit and so does Harshu. We even heard mimi and tai ji talking about wearing their shaadi ka joda on Harshu's wedding.