-12-

A week later on a Monday, [Name]'s and Fukuzawa's day started at the infirmary with Yosano.

It should have been the usual checking, whether [Name]'s condition is better, but this time, there was something unsettling about their body. They didn't feel pain anymore. They didn't feel like there would be a dislocation in their wrist, they didn't feel the stitches in their stomach, and the wounds didn't sting whenever they took a shower... They were completely healthy and fine.

"I don't understand..." Yosano mumbled while she helped the kid take off the bandages. "It seems like your body recovered all your wounds and injuries, but it is literally impossible in this short amount of time. It only took like a week!"

The white cloth previously covering their arms fell to the ground, revealing their undamaged skin.

"Not even a scratch?" Fukuzawa asked.

"Not even the sign that they were harmed." she said while taking a deep breath. "Maybe another ability? Healing?"

"Wouldn't that be a little too much?" [Name] joined the conversation. "Future seeing, ability nullification and now this... It seems too unreal."

"I have to agree with [Name]." the man said.

The kid put on their sweater over their t-shirt. 

"You really can't feel anything? Don't the stitches hurt if you touch them?" she intrigued.

[Name] placed their hand on their stomach just to make sure about it. The skin was flat. Not even the bump of the stitches were there. They immediately lifted the layers of cloth above their stomach... and saw their fully healed skin.

"Uhm.... Is this normal, Fukuzawa? Yosano-san?"

Both of them remained silent. They exchanged a glance with each other, which screamed, "Something is definitely wrong with them." [Name] sighed and lay down on their back on the patient bed.

"I wish Ranpo could help..." they mumbled while staring at the ceiling. "I wish he could know what the actual fuck is happening to me..."

"Language." Fukuzawa warned calmly.

"Sorry." [Name] smiled.

>><<

"I'll be in my office if you need me, I have some work to do." Fukuzawa said after they left the infirmary. "You can occupy yourself with the members if they are not busy. Don't cause any trouble, kiddo." he pat their head.

"Did he just-" [Name] looked after him. "Did he just pat my head? Hey! I'm not a small child anymore, y'know?!" they yelled after him. 

The man didn't turn around, but a slight smile formed on his face. 'Not a small child anymore, but still pretty childish.' Not like he had a problem with their behaviour. He would rather take care of a kid, who actually acts their age, rather than one who is too mature compared to their years. And [Name] variated between the two behaviors, depending on their mood. It was pleasent that they could have a normal conversation with each other, but it was also a good feeling for Fukuzawa to see the shine in their eyes when they get to do something a kid like their age might find joy in doing. Something like feeding strays or watching a series together.

After Fukuzawa closed his door, [Name] wondered: 'Is Ranpo still not back?' 

[Name] looked around the office, and when they noticed that the girl with dark blue hair had nothing to do, they walked up to her.

"Hi, uhm, do you know where Ranpo is?" 

"No. I haven't seen him in a while." Kyouka answered. [Name] sighed in frustration.