Prologue

A knock poisoned by contempt dragged Samael from his fantastical, dream-filled sleep.

A thick curtain of darkness wrapped around him in a vice-like grip. He peered into its impenetrable wall, ridding his eyes of the sleep that encrusted them, waiting.

A second knock broke the deafening silence.

The silk sheets tumbled off of him as he sat up, revealing his milky chest. He fumbled around blindly for his glasses. He rarely ever used them; they were only needed for when his eyes couldn't focus properly after a long day or in darkness, like now. His hand wrapped around the frame of his glasses, nearly falling off the bed in his attempt to grab them, almost unable to hoist himself up in time. He noticed an immediate difference as he tucked them behind his ears, settling them onto his face. His surroundings became clearer, and he saw the moonlight crib that was placed carefully - ever so carefully - under the marble windowsill. He sighed in relief as he spotted the signature blonde hair of his little star, tumbling around her face in tresses, framing her abnormal, neon yellow, eyes containing red irises.

He let out a quiet hiss as his bare feet made contact with the ice-cold tiled floor, slowly shuffling towards the oak door. Grabbing a worn-out stool, he peered through the peephole and frowned in confusion as he stared at the face of his brother, pacing outside his apartment. Michael, standing on the other side, prepared to knock again. Samael slid the chain of the lock and opened the door, waiting for Michael to speak.

His jaw was tense and the sound of his teeth grinding together was obvious, Samael watched with confusion "Michael, are you alright?" Samael's inquisitive tone seemed to anger Michael, and Samael stepped backwards nervously. He could tell something was wrong with Michael, he wasn't acting like himself.

Michaels' hand twitched, hovering over his sword.

"Where is it" Michaels' voice was foreign, nothing like what Samael had come to know and love.

"Where is what Michael?" Samael questioned, discreetly reaching for his dagger, watching frozen as Michael's hand came out and gripped Samael's hand tightly.

"Where is the abomination?" His tone was colder and foreign. Samael stared at the man, his brother, a tear slipping down his cheek.

"Brother, what are you talking about? Why are you being like this? I don't understand." Samael's voice wavered, cracking slightly as another tear slipped down his albino cheek. Michael walked forward, shoving Samael hard, so hard that Samael fell backwards, his head cracking against the marble.

"I won't say it again, Samael, where is the abomination." Michaels' hand gripped the pommel of the angelic sword pulling it out of its sheath, causing Samael to scrabble backwards, pressing his back against his nightstand. Tears streamed down Samaels' cheeks as he desperately scrubbed at them, leaving them raw and red. "I said where is it?" He repeated again with a much harsher tone.

"Where is what, I don't understand what you're saying?" Samael began to grow frustrated, grabbing at strands of his blonde hair.

"That thing you created." The sentence was cold and calculated.

"C-charlie?" His voice was filled with betrayal, he could feel a lump forming in his throat making it hard to swallow.

"Yes." Michael sneered and put the point of his blade against his throat, pressing hard enough that a bead of gold welled up and dripped down to his chest.

"W-what about Lilith?" The sentence came out shaky.

"Lilith decided that heaven was worth far more than that abomination you've created." She said that... Lilith, his love, said that about their precious star. He shook his head, voice breaking as he unconvincingly whispered.

"N-no you're lying, that can't be true..." His tone was desperate, as he silently begged Michael to say it was all a lie, but Michael smirked instead.

"She most definitely did, she said it as I fucked her tight, little pussy. I can see why you like her so much, she delivered." Samael shook with disgust, he'd never seen this side of Michael before, the way he was talking, what had happened to his beloved brother? "I'm going to enjoy killing that abomination of yours just so you know." Samael tensed, staring at the form of the "angel" in front of him. "Never should have been born, the fucking mistake." Samaels' eyes slipped shut as Michaels' voice became a faint murmur in the back of his mind. "Disgusting, useless crea-" Before Michael could finish his sentence he found himself pressed against the wall, a silver dagger to his throat.

"Don't ever," his voice wavered "Don't ever talk about her like that, she is more of a being than you'll ever be, how dare you say those things. That is my daughter, my star." He dug that blade deeper into Michael's jugular, relishing in the panic that filled his eyes. "Talk about Lilith or I, go on, but never talk about Charlie, not like that, never like that." a voice in his head willed him to press the blade harder, and watch the light fade out of his eyes. Samael ignored it stepping away, letting Micheals' fear-filled body drop to the floor. "You are lucky I am nothing like you." His voice was stony and cold as he stared down at his brother's form. "You can break me, grind me down to nothing but dust, but I will rise like a phoenix and keep my stars light burning." Samael felt something deep in his soul calling out for him, begging him to unlock a door he'd kept locked since the dawn of time and for once, he listened. He reached for the door handle in his mind and twisted. It felt like a wave crashing into him, his blood boiled with power, coursing through his veins. He felt the horns that protruded from his head and the forked tail that flicked from side to side behind him. He shook with adrenaline, gasping as a deep voice thrummed in his head.

"Hello, Lucifer."