13

The CDC was a dead end so now we are going to try for Fort Benning next. The journey so far has been rough and we have lost love once and friends as the time continues to go by everyday. It is just another mystery of what lies a head for our lifes. I dont think that it could get any worse than what we have already faced. But only if i knew all that was going to happen to us in the future.

Each of us had a job to do on the road. I was one of those that had to get the fuel for the cars as we had travelled the long journey  in front of us. In the time that we had travelled we have ditched the truck and the jeep as a way to spare more fuel for us. Shane was now riding in the RV while me and Daryl had taken the bikes. Dixon rode in front to warn them if danger was coming from the  front. And. i was riding in the back to make sure that no threat was coming that way.

It felt good to just have the wind flow through me and the sound cancelling out by the noise of the bike. It was a feeling of freedom and peach something we do not have alot of these days because we always have to be alerted about what is happening aeouns us. There is not time to take breaks anymore it is fight or die and i dont that would ever change.

And just to say it is kinda good to travel without having a speed limit or having to follow the road rules because who will lock us up? The dead i dont think so. So it is a good thing we can now take advantage of there is also no traffic well for the most part there isn't.

We were now approached a abandoned highway. There was cars all over the right side.  I juat had to talk to quicly about there not being any traffic The way out but it didn't seem to work in everyone's favour because there was a lot of abandoned cars. Slowly but surly we because to move through the chaos. But every in front of me had stopped. So i got of the bike that i parked next to dads car.

" I said it didn't i. That damn radiator hose." So that was the reason. " Dale i think we can find one in these mass of abandoned cars." I replied and dad says " That is a good idea. Everyone else could also search. There could be alot of survival thing that we can use."

Everyone nodded. Carol replies with " This is a minefield." Mom looked disgusted and say " This is not a mind field it is a graveyard." " My dead mother the whole world is a grave yard because it doesn't matter where you are you can die and the dead is everywhere. And maybe there is things that we can use that they wouldn't because they are dead."

My mother looked at me shocked and ask " When did you became so heartless?" I look at her and say " it has always been that way mother i just desided i won't sugarcoat thing s anymore because we are now in a world of dead and that won't change."

My mother looked pale as i said that. I then walked away and scavenged through the cars and looking for supplies that could help us. I walk by a beautiful blue car and when i opened the car i was horrified by the sight there was a mother at the drivers seat that was dead and there was baby stuf on the passenger seat i look in the back to find a baby in a baby seat.

I couldnt bring myself to clear the car so i walk away i just couldnt if that was somthing that would make me weak so be it. I have found some weapons and a few first aid kits that were in some of the cars.

Suddenly Daryl ran up to me amd told me to hid and when i turned ro look at him the sight of the dead herd that was walking behind him caught my eye. I quiclky hide while Daryl ran ro help T- Dog that had gotten hurt.

It felt like a life time that went my yet it qas onky minute the founds of feet dragging began to faint we began to clim out of thw cars until i heard a scream.

" Shopia!" Carol screamed. And i looked ro see if i could spot her i saw her ran into the woods i dint hesitate and ran straight after her. I would not let anything happen to the little girl.

I would save as many people that i could in this worls now. And just maybe i would be so lucky as to meet my birth family. I want to make them proud just as i want to make my adopted family proud.

 I want to make them proud just as i want to make my adopted family proud

Sorry for the late update but also the short chapter work has been keeping me busy lately.