Isaak

I stand outside the room and take a deep breath... then knock. A middle-aged woman with frizzy gray hair opens the door and beckons me inside. I walk inside, and immediately, my eyes meet a pair of beautiful, emotionless grey eyes. I look at the owner of these eyes. I take in her appearance... from her long blonde hair to her black converse.
The woman calls my name. "Isaak Archer, is it?" She asks.
I nod, and she sends me to the only empty seat... right next to miss emotionless eyes. I walk to my seat in the back of the class. As im walking, i hear whispers. "Dont trust her" and "she's crazy." It's almost as if they're warning me. A note gets slipped into my hand. The paper crinkles in my grip. I take the note and sit in my seat. When the teacher turns her back to the class, i read the note

Dont trust her. She's crazy. She's mentally insane and you will not make it out alive. Rumor has it the last guy that talked to her died.
-Bella.

I crumple the note and tuck it in the pocket of my jeans. After a few minutes, i hear a voice next to me. "Delilah."
I turn to look at her. "What?"
"Delilah. My name's Delilah Trix. And you are."
"Oh, umm... Isaak... Isaak Archer."
"Nice to meet you."
"You too."
Miss emotionless eyes, well Delilah, turns her attention away from me so i focus on the lesson.
"You dont really need to pay attention to pass." Delilah tells me.
"Yeah, i kinda do." I respond
"No. None of this is going to be on the exam. It's going to be reading a passage and answering questions based on the passage. You dont need to know about Romeo and Juliet. It's stupid anyway."
"Miss Trix." The teacher calls.
"Yes, Ms. Carmen." Delilah responds
"Do you have an opinion you'd like to share."
"In fact, I do, but i dont know if you'd like to hear it."
"Anything you say for the next 60 seconds is fair game."
"Ok, bet. Your hair is always frizzy, and if you think you look cool, you dont. Your voice is really nasally, and it's obnoxious. You look like you got your clothes off a dead person."
"That's a lot."
"I still have 50 seconds left... your lessons are pointless. Nobody cares about Romeo and Juliet. They teach us nothing important. They talked once and decided they were going to get married. Why are you teaching us this. True love isn't real. Stop promoting it. Also, the guy you went out with isn't going to ask you on a second date."
"Are you done... wait, how'd you know about the date."
"You didn't wear lipstick before, and now you are. You're obviously changing for a guy who doesn't like you back. You asked him out the first time, and he didn't want to hurt your feelings... which i see nothing wrong with it."
"And that's 60 seconds. If you have nothing else to say... class turn to page 64 in your books."
I sit there baffled at what she just told Ms. Carmen. It's amazing. It's hot. that's what it is.
"The date was written on her calendar," she whispers to me.
"Whyd you lie to her," i whisper back
"I didn't. She never wears lipstick... obviously, she's wearing it now because of a guy."
"You're smart."
"I know." With that, she turns her attention to her nails... which she's picking the black nail polish off. I decided to take her advice and dont pay attention to the lesson... but to her.
"If you aren't paying attention, at least make it look like you are," she whispers. "You're going to get caught."
"Howd you know i wasn't paying attention."
"A, you're turned to me. B, you're looking directly at me, which tells me you aren't listening."
Im sure i look baffled.
"You're from Nashville, aren't you."
"Howd you know."
"The way you walk and talk is clearly southern. Your voice suggests you probably belt out country music and your watch..." she takes my wrist and removes my watch where she points to an engraving. "Says we'll miss you. Come back to Nashville soon. Guessing probably your..." she starts to think, and she takes a second look at the engraving. "Mother and sisters gave it to you when you moved here with your father. Am i correct." She hands me my watch back.
"Yes," i say baffled. She's hot. "How do you notice all this."
"You're the first person to talk to me, so to keep myself occupied, I've turned to people watching. That developed into me learning things about people they think are hidden." She once again turns her attention to her nails. Her sleeve comes up slightly, and I see a collection of bruises on her wrist. Im tempted to ask, but i don't. She quickly pulls her sleeve down.
"Dont ask." She tells me
"Wasn't planning on it."
She goes back to her nails. I turn my attention to the window where outside it's snowing. Im reminded how much i hate chicago. I miss Nashville.
"I hate Chicago, too." She whispers.
"H- nope, not gonna ask."
"The way you looked out the window said it all. The look on your face tells me you miss Nashville."
"You weren't even looking."
"Nothing evades my eyes."
"Of course."
She goes back to picking her nail polish.
"Ask away," she whispers. "You have questions, correct?"
"The dress code..."
"For females, it's a navy skirt, tights are optional, black flats, a white button-up, maroon blazer and tie. Males are the same except that instead of a skirt, it's navy blue trousers and black oxfords instead of flats."
"But you're wearing black Converse."
"I never said i followed the dress code."
"Dont you get in trouble?"
"I did, but they stopped caring once they realized I wasn't going to stop."
"Does anyone else get away with this."
"Nobody else tries to. They all listen like the little teachers' pets they are."
The bell rings, and she stands up and makes her way out the door. The rest of the class waits until she leaves to leave. As she leaves, i can see the tip of the handle of a dagger poking out of her converse.

Hey guys. So how do we like chapter 2.

Do you think shes right about romeo and juliet.

Do we like Isaak?