PT 2

'I think I've chosen the perfect bride for you..'
_____
'It's Kanae Kocho of the butterfly kingdom, I see you two talk every week. She's nice and pretty. I think she would be perfect for you.'
....
Kanae.. Kocho.?

Sanemi had only thought of her as a friend ever since they met. He did like her, in a friend way obviously...His eyes widened, she was the complete opposite of him, for starters their personalities are completely different. Two, they didn't have much in common. Three- Nevermind there is no three.

But did it really have to be her? She was better than most of the wives he's had, but what would she think about this? What if she doesn't like him?

'Sanemi.' His mother was staring at him, her smile fading but still the calm and gentle look on her face,'You're probably going to protest-' she was cut off by him. 'No, it's fine. If it helps you or the kingdom I'm perfectly fine with it.' Sanemi stated. He was greeted by another loving smile from his mother.

'Thank you.' She said, sighing lightly before getting up from the dining table and picking up some silver plates then handing them to the chef. Sanemi loved his mother, basically everyone loves Shizu - even the kingdom was fond of her, she was the best mother and queen anyone could ever ask for. It had been a few minutes of silence, until Sanemi realised he'd been staring at his plate in the room.. all alone. He was lost in his own thoughts, part of his mind was about the marriage he's having, part of his mind was of worry about his mother the kingdom the family-

He was snapped out of his thoughts by a cheerful laugh, slowly turning his head 90° he saw it was his siblings and Genya slowly walking behind them. 'Hey brother!! Whos the lucky girl?' Teiko, the eldest princess in the family called out. He could always go to her for advice about girls.. And randomly Teiko was friends or knew almost every princess Sanemi was in an arranged marriage with. Sighing loudly, Sanemi decided to tell her, 'Kanae Kocho of the butterfly kingdom.' He said, looking away and pressing his head agaisnt his palm. '...' there was no reply from any of his siblings. Until an excited squeal came out of Teiko's mouth. 'Really? Princess Kanae? She's really kind and sweet! You better thank mom for picking her.' Teiko beamed, her face shining with joy the sparkles in her eyes. 'Yeah.' Sanemi smiled.

'I will.'

At the Butterfly Kingdom

Another bright and sunny day.. It's always a good day here at the Butterfly kingdom.

'What a perfect day to go berry picking in the forest.' Kanae thought, her lavender eyes shining upon the gleaming sunlight. There she sat, the small balcony that was attached on her fairly large room, wearing a sage-green dress with white frills on the sleeves and neck part, and finally pearl-white tied-up corset to top it off.

That was until the princess realised. Today was the day. The day her fate with her 'lover' was chosen. Just remembering today was the day changed her mood, but she didn't show it. Now it's time to find out who her prince was. Honestly, she didn't really mind who it was - as long as they treated her right. One of the princes shes had before was from the Flame kingdom, his name being Kyojuro Rengoku. He had a real pure heart, he would keep up with chores, do nice things that no-one even asked for. But the two just weren't meant to be.

Suddenly she heard a door creak open, turning around slightly she saw her sister, Shinobu Kocho the second eldest princess of the Butterfly Kingdom. Kanaes face lit up instantly, just seeing her sisters beautiful face and smile in the morning could instantly brighten up her mood. 'Hey sis, todays the day!' Shinobu beamed at her, Kanae could easily tell that something was bothering her. The last time she had an arranged marriage Shinobu was like this, at the day of the wedding Shinobu would usually take her fiancé and tell him in private,

'Hurt my sister and I'll kill you.'

Kanae knew Shinobu was kind of violent but she loved her with all her heart. Suddenly, Shinobu spoke up, 'Mother has asked me to inform you about your fiancé.' She said with a hint of annoyance in her voice. 'Oh,' Kanae replied, 'Who is it then?'

'Sanemi Shinazugawa.'

_____
pt 2 :
word count : 763