A sickly reunion

Lampert stood still as he turned his head to his left, seeing the door that led to infected, clutching the DS on his palm.

He could have been finding that gradient with mark, since all the others were a little hesitant to do so. But he hadn't seen infected in forever (2 days) so he decided to visit infected instead.

After combating through his hesitations, he walked towards the door, trying to keep a slow pace and not crash into it due to his zoomies. He slowly knocked on it and creaked it open.

"Infected..?"

Infected was laying on his bed, holding a piece of paper, most likely a picture. he slowly turned his head to lampert "0h..H3y l4mp3rt.." his dropped and sunken eyes dull despite his weak smile. Making lampert feel a twinge in his heart as he approached the pale and sickly boy, making sure to close the door behind him for privacy.

"So how have you been feeling?" Lampert questioned as he grabbed a chair, making sure to sit in a respectable distance, he didn't wanna catch whatever infected had..or...he within reach or his attack.. lampert quickly shook that thought off.

Infected just let out a slight groan under his breath "m..m3h.." he shuffled to get a better look at lampert, still laying on the bed, lampert just brought up the DS and handed it near infected "I thought I'd this for you...so you wouldn't exactly die of boredom.." he looked away, feeling infected weakly clasp onto the small blue contraption, pulling it close to his chest.

"T-th4nks..I 4ctU4lly m1zz my p0k3m0n.." he chuckled a little, before coughing just a tiny splurge of blood into his fists soon after. Making lampert flinch a little, he tried to control his movements as he handed infected a tissue.

"Th4nkz...4g41n.."

"So...getting any better with that...peticular condition of yours?" Lampert intervened as infected shrugged slightly

"I d0nt kn0w...r3tr0s b33n g1v1n m3 s0m3 fUnk1 m3d1c1n3 th4t jUzt m4k3s m3...nUmb.."

"Numb?"

"Y34..l1k3 sh3 s4yz 1tz t0 c0ntr0l wh4t3v3r's 1ns1d3 m3.."

"Hm...perhaps it's for the best-?"

"BUt 1 d0nt l1k3 1t! 1 f33l l1k3 l3ss 0f a hUm4n wh3n I t4k3 it.."

"Can't exactly sympathize with that friend..but I'm sorry you had to feel that way." lampert said rather nervously and gulped. He'd always had trouble with expressing certain emotions, being that he was quite litteraly a lamp, sometimes he'd wonder what was wrong with him during those times as he heard infected sigh in a rather irritated matter.

"1tz...wh4t3v3r."

The two basked in awkward silence before lampert breathed out, scooting closer to infected.

"Say you wanna uh hear about something that happened to me today?"

Infected nodded for him to go on.

Lampert tapped his fingers "so I was cleaning an aisle because some players had decided to make a fort, and saw that they didn't really leave and accidentally walked in on them making out."

Infected snorted a little before quickly containing is giggles "g-g0 0n.."

"And...I.." lampert suddenly stopped, feeling the empty weight set in his chest "I didn't do anything.."

Infected cocked an eyebrow.

"I mean..I shoo'ed them..but I don't know I just felt sort of weird after, and just cleaned up the rest before just..standing there.."

"Y34h pr0b4bly bc u w4ltz3d 1n 0n th3m m4k1n 0ut." Infected snickered a little. Lampert was about to object, saying he rather felt empty, but decided to keep it to himself, rather just sighing.

"It's whatever anyways...sometimes I hate peoples and their feelings." He shook his head slightly before he felt the light buzz of his ifone, he quickly snapped to check it. Seeing that mark had been texting him for the past hour asking where'd he'd gone to, he quickly snapped his legs up, making infected flinch a little.

"I have to go. Uh..mark is looking for me."

"3y n0 w0rr13s br0..c4tch yu0 l8tr?"

"Yeah...catch you later too...don't forget the medicine.." lampert murmured as he turned around and zoomed out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Infected tensed up at the last sentence as he turned to the vial of syrum that Dr.Retro trusted him with. At this point he'd promised to take it as to not have to deal with the wrath of Dr.Retro constantly force feeding him the garbage. He didn't want to take it though..

He reached out for the vial and stared at its sticky orange insides, he was supposed to take it right about now...

But..

Dr.Retro wouldn't notice notice if he didn't take the medicine for one day, right?

Right..?

He pushed it back to the small table, with the DS next to him before snuggling back into the blankets, bringing out the picture he'd held close, he peered into it again. It was him and unpleasant at the carnival, 13 year old infected looked so grumpy holding that large bunny plush, while unpleasant  looked like it was having the time of his life, holding the blue cotton candy enthusiastically while cracking a big smile.

How ironic. He remember wishing that unpleasant would fall off a flight of stairs, he really did hate his father back then.

But now?

He missed it.

He missed unpleasant.

He was the only one that at least partially understood what he was going through. Always having to deal with his bullshit and infection, always being there when his actual parents would go out to their work, busy with whatever stuff they had to deal with. 

Infected felt his mouth twitch downwards as his tears glossed over with tears, he breathed slowly, trying to contain himself from exploding into a mess of tears and sobs.

As he shakily brought his hand to cover his face, he felt his chest churn, he felt rather weird now, his eyes widening knowing exactly what that meant.

At first he was too scared to even move before suddenly turning and crawling, trying to grab the vial on the table.

But he felt himself..no..something stop his body and retract his hand, trembling slightly, feeling his claws slowly unsheathe while he gently scared the bedsheets.

Oh god.

Not now.

That's all he could think of as he supported his head, feeling rather air headed, his body starting to ache and twist beyond his control. Crying out slightly.

Looks like Dr.Retro was going to come back to a rather hairy surprise.