Chapter 44. Of course my stupidities had to kick in.

School was finally over, Spencer was still kind and cared about me. And, surprisingly, he walked me to most of my classes ... .To be honest, I felt like the stupidest of stupid people because of how those small acts made me feel. I valued them, and I hated that I did.

"See you tomorrow." He said to me, softly. I nodded once again as his involuntary action made him drive his hand all the way up to my hair to touch it and adequate it to the best possible position. I stayed frozen as with a head spinning he left out of sight.

I managed to find the girls locker room and change into my volleyball outfit and when I finally got it on, my hair in a ponytail and my mental state rearranged, I left it ready to kick some ass.

"Hello, pretty girls!" I screamed as I saw my team starting with the warm ups. The team was all there: Jane, Soph, Mary, Camile, Ana, Soph and me.

I laughed as I rushed towards them and hugged them. My usual routine of hugs as I entered.

"Looks like someone's in a good mood!" Soph said.

"You know I'm always in a good mood" and she smiled, reliefed. As if i hadn't been totally lost to my dramas. 

The first hour of volleyball training went like a blur, I can hardly remember what we did just that we ended up exhausted and as common I was cheering up the team, singing stupid melodies that like a anthem, my whole teammates answered to. We started to have a crowd and so all of us began to play like bitches. Because in this sport, the bitchier you are, the better. And I was no to mess up when I got in my game.

Some boys lounged in the stands, silently watching our round bottoms being kicked through the air to save the ball. Little by little they were filling up and as expected the majority were boys who came out of their football or taekwondo practices, craving for some excitement and a dream they could date one of us; but like I said, we are bitches, and we only date worthy folks who are not as coward as just to stare at our butts. I was smiling but I did not pay attention to any of them, they were not even close to the person I was looking for so I continued playing with my best plays. The ball rushed from one side of the court to the other, we were getting fired so the good stuff was barely starting. The minutes continued to pass and the stands were already almost packed with spectators. I was excited that people cheered, even if it was only practical it kept making me happy and revealing my tender and captivating smile. I found myself settling the ball for spikers until a familiar laugh found its way to my right ear. I turned desperately looking for that angelic noise and there he was. Leaning against the wall, tense but still relaxed, smiling at me and looking at me with his devilish smile. My heart stopped and I had to force my face into the ball. I suppressed a smile but managed to release a laugh. What was he doing here? The answer was revealed when a bunch of "woos'' and "yess" were released. The football guys practice had just finished. Oh god. I wasn't nervous, of course not, yet in my mind the words Don't be nervous, stay cool were still being played like a scratched record.

I kept playing, smacking the ball once, twice, until the girls finally gave up and as usual, I had to discreetly lower my Lycras which were dangerously high up my booty length.

"Here here!" I screamed. Soph passed the ball on to me, I dug it out of the ground and rested it up high in the air so Soph could spike.

Wham up, up up! Pow! The ball went mad, frightened faces afraid of the answer, the coward in all players seeking up in the league eyes as the ball shooter across their faces. Straight, direct, unstoppable.

The ball turned. Up and around, hiding from their view and bouncing in their arms. Our turn.

Red forearms and groans of discomfort. red splinters gushing out into the surface. Slowly Redding. Blushing forearms, the bravery vanquished.