Part 1 - Goodnight.

A/N- Most of this story will be written in 3rd person from now on, if not; it will be clarified when the perspective changes.

...

it was a cloudy, stormy night in the barn when a shecat known as Amythest was sent into labour.. Yowls were heard, and so was the panicked murmurs of the medic.
"Stay with me,, No.. No- C'mon.. You can get through this!-"

By the time the sun rose, The medic came out from behind a bale of hay with a gloomy expression and a wet kit in her maws.

She lowers the newborn, vocal kit to Gem; Who was the mother of Amythest. Grandmother to the newly given kit.

"The kit is healthy.. But your daughter has passed on to the stars, I'm afraid." The medic, Azure, claims with a frown and teary eyes.

"Oh.. My daughter,,"
The older feline starts to cry, and whispers in response as her voice cracks. Raising a paw to stroke the crying kit. "May my beautiful Amythest be at peace... I am so very sorry aswell, Azure."

The two adult cats share a small embrace, before Gem lays down and curls up around the kit, warming it. "I will name her Geode.. She looks just like her mother."

A tall brown tomcat approaches the 3 other felines, and looks down in respect to the kit. "May Amythest rest among the stars.. I will inform the rest of the barn tommorow of this passing; So please focus on caring for the kit and eachother tonight."

Gem gazes up to the leader. And Azure smiles to the leader, tears still glazing her cheeks.
Gem then speaks, giving a weak grin herself. "Of course, Spruce.. Thank you." The kit, Geode, mews blindly and pushes herself closer to Gem for warmth.

"Get some rest, I will be here if assistance is needed." Azure smiles kindly and politely nuzzles Gem, standing up and walking off as her blue eyes focus on getting to the medic's den for the night.

Before she knew it, the sun had fallen again. Gem had just grooming the kit, and had pushed her closer to cuddle. She lays her chin flat against the hay bedding, and the kit purrs softly with the adult's fluffy tail around her. "Goodnight to my gorgeous, sweet, Geode."