Part 2 - The Time Has Come!

A/N- This takes a timeskip untill Geode is of age to be "apprenticed". I will not constantly timeskip, but the kit stage is kinda boring to write for me.

The sun glares into Geode's eyes as she wakes up, taking a big stretch and letting out a yawn. Gem grins and looks to the soon-to-be apprentice, "Morning, My dear Geode! Sleep well?"

Geode's violet eyes glimmer, and she smiles back to her grandmother. "Yes, very well, Granny Gem. May I go fetch us some freshkill to share?" The tip of her tail flicks back and forth excitedly.

Gem weakly sits up, and nods in approval to her granddaughter's words.
"Of course." The older feline gives a comforting smile. Geode hurries off and collects two plump rabbits that had just recently been piled into the freshkill.

"Here!" Geode pushes one rabbit to Gem. The younger cat quickly tears into the other rabbit, gnawing the meat untill it is only bone. Gem finishes her's only halfway before pushing it to the younger feline. "I'm full. Thank you dearie!" Gem grins, slowly thinning.

Geode gives a small smile. A bit concerned, but then again Gem was getting old. She takes a small breath before turning around to see Spruce and Flame behind her. "Ah! Hello Spruce, Flame.. You shocked me heh." The taller brown cat, and the chubby short red one both smile. Spruce speaks first. "You're alright, Hello. We'd like to inform you that today you will become an official Barn Cat. At dawn, You will take the jump and prove yourself worthy." Gem gasps, her boney face forming a suprised but proud expression. Geode grins excitedly.

"Wow! Thank you,, I cannot wait." She paces her paws in place happily, before the two authority leave. She turns to her grandmother, Gem. Gem grins a bit and adds. "This will be tough but you'll make it, My Geode. Your mother did amazing when her time came"

Geode knew that all cats must jump down from the boards that rim the very top of the barn's inside, onto the hay bedding. But she didn't really expect the time to come so soon, THIS dawn! Would she be able to accomplish this like the ones before her?

"Thank you Granny Gem,, I won't disappoint you."