Chapter 1 || Kidnap

Patience is a virtue, one that a hunter needed, and he had an endless amount of it. He was good at what he did which earned him the title 'The Hunter.' His prey was no match to his nimbleness, and his job was usually finished before his victim realized what had happened.

He waited in the shadows of the trees outside the extravagant mansion. It was a few minutes before the distraction, and he knew he would be in and out in no time.

Women and children were never part of his hunt. It was his only policy, and he made an exception for the first time. It would be the only time, and it was because it would get him closer to his target. A target he has been chasing for years.

The stopwatch started to count down as he stepped out of the shadows and walked between the parked cars. He was dressed for an event. He walked purposely, the dark suit filled to capacity by his broad shoulders.

The man dressed in black, who stood by the gate with several other men, looked at him suspiciously as he walked tall toward the entrance. He flashed a fake smile when he felt the stopwatch buzz in his pocket.

The loud boom surprised everyone except him. A large explosion followed making the ground reverberate. A moment later, the brightly-lit mansion went dark as the fire blazed from a distance.

"Showtime!" he murmured under his breath as he slipped past the men flashing a badge they all recognized. They were too distracted to check the authenticity of the badge as they all stared at the high fire and the dark smoke that rose into the dark sky.

Men ran in the opposite direction as he strode toward the entrance to the house. The house was filled with people, and he put on his night vision glasses as soon as he went up the stairs. The layout of the house was familiar to him, and knew where he could meet his ransom.

Lee Amy.

Never in a million years did he expect to see her again.

*****

Amy woke up to a muffled yet gruff male voice. Her body felt sore even as she lay on a soft bed. She opened her eyes to a dimly-lit room that was unfamiliar. When her eyes adjusted to the lighting, it was even more evident that she was in an unknown place.

The heavy jwellery she had on dug into her cheek as she lay on her side.

Where was she?

The last thing she remembered was getting ready for a wedding-a fake wedding of a fake friend. It was her escape plan to get away from her family. She clenched her teeth cursing her family for thinking of forcing her into a marriage.

It was more of a feud deal.

She was not going to give into her family's will and wish for her to marry whoever they choose. She had attempted to run away from it all. To her disappointment, she was brought back and was drugged through a few of the ceremonies so she would look like a complying and overly shy bride. Luckily for her, the wedding was called off.

She knew she would be forced into another marriage and had planned to run away with the jewelry she had on claiming to attend a wedding.

Amy lay on the bed without moving a muscle trying to remember where she was and how she ended up in an unfamiliar place with no one around. She took a deep breath and moved her shoulder to lay flat, but she could not.

A shiver passed through her spine when she realized her hands were tied together and bound to the metal headboard of the bed. Her heart thumped erratically while her brain went into overdrive with fear.

Instinctively, she tried to pull her knees into her stomach and realized her legs were tied, too. Her heart was beating so loudly, she no longer heard the man's voice that woke her up. She felt the fear grip her body as she slowly turned her body, holding her hands over her head to look around the room.