Chapter 3 || Luxury

"Tae-hyung, where have you been all day?" Jungkook was waiting for his older brother in the living room of the guest house they were staying at while they looked for their younger brother.

"I was in a rural area looking for the woman." Tae-hyung sounded disappointed.

 "Are we any closer to finding her? Do you think she can help us find him?"

"Yes."

Tae-hyung and Jungkook had spent the past few weeks chasing the only clue they had in hopes of finding their little brother. They were nowhere close to giving up the search.

"Tae-hyung, maybe we should both work together."

"No, Jungkook, we need to divide and conquer," Tae-hyung said.

"Where are you headed next?" Jungkook asked.

"Still on the hunt for the woman. She has covered her tracks well." Tae-hyung impatiently raked his fingers through his hair.

"I have nothing on the goon. I get the feeling people know him, but nobody remembers what happened to him. It was like he disappeared into thin air."

"Stay on his trail, Jungkook. We need to find the woman more as a backup."

"Yeah, I will. I wish we had a connection in the underworld rather than in the police department."

"We'll find him." Tae-hyung blankly stared at his reflection on the shiny silver dish in front of him wondering when they would meet their brother.

He knew it was a matter of 'when' and not 'if' they would meet his brother. If his brother managed to survive a massacre that took the lives of hundreds, he had to be out there living like a warrior... a Kim.

*****

Amy stared blankly at the beautiful skyline of the city, a million thoughts running through her mind. She was angry with the situation, and it frustrated her that she couldn't do anything to get out of it. She was so close to her freedom and could not believe she was kidnapped minutes before she would have left her home and family forever. She was planning to go back to New York, stay with a friend from high school while she looked for an apartment and started school. She needed a life away from her family, especially after they tried to force her into marriage and after what happened to her brothers.

She took a deep breath trying to push her thoughts away and started to wonder if the situation she was in was better than the one she was in with her family. Eun-woo kidnapped her for reasons unknown to her, but it felt like she had a better chance at getting away with him than with her family. She turned away from the window to smile at Eun-woo. It didn't take her long to realize he was her only ticket to freedom.

One more incident like the one in the hallway, she knew he would tie her up and drug her again. She decided she was going to stop fighting him and beg, plead, or even seduce her way to a life she would live on her terms.

"Hey, where have you been?" she chirped.

"Are you ready to go?" His voice held no emotion.

"I've been sitting around doing nothing since you disappeared," she pouted.

He looked at her for a long moment without responding like he suspected something. "Move."

She gathered the cloth bag with her outfit and the jewelry and walked toward him, her expression so cheerful no one would ever know she was held captive against her will.

"What is that?" He pointed at the fabric bag.

"Oh, I asked housekeeping for a bag for my stuff, and they found me this laundry bag."