prologue

Aaradhya

The two of us never got along. Unlike other siblings who always engaged in playful banter, my sister and I never had that sort of relationship. So when I got to know she was getting married only two days before the marriage date, I wasn't surprised. 

Could my parents have told me that? Yes. Did they? No. Which is why it was no surprise when I didn't attend the wedding. Why would I attend the marriage of someone I haven't bothered to talk in the past 4 years? It isn't only about getting along, no. As long as I can remember, we have never crossed each other's paths. She doesn't like me and I don't like her. Simple.

Currently, I work at my dream IT company in Bangalore. Good news- I am being promoted to Head Manager ( normal employees -> team leaders -> head manager ), bad news- i am being transferred back to Delhi.

God, did I miss Delhi. There's no place quiet like it. Thankfully i still have two months before i need to shift. My sister, Divya got married last week. By the time i shift, she would have settled in her new home and knowing her would have forgotten about us, me, not that I care.

Yesterday, when i told my parents about this, they somehow convinced me to stay with them. I did not want to, still don't and will soon move to the accommodation provided by the company.

My parents, they are a completely different story. They have always preferred their elder daughter, they simply don't care about me. Good grades in school, meh. Won competitions, meh. Got into a good college, job at a fucking awesome company, meh. It always has been like this.

Here goes nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aditya

Before getting married to Divya.

My parents have always wanted a daughter but god gave them 2 sons. Ever since I graduated from college, they have been talking about my marriage. I always told them that I wasn't ready, that I still had to grow my company. But when my company was awarded, when it became well known in the business world and grew in size, I had no excuses left.

My mom told me about a few girls, but I didn't really like any of them. I just couldn't bring myself to think of a future with them. She soon got frustrated and told me about the Bhatt family. I have met them a few times in business parties.

"They have two daughters and their elder daughter is just a year younger than you. Anjali told me she also wanted Divya to get married soon. What do you think, son? Should I talk to her?" mom said.

Two daughters? I have only ever seen one. "Two daughters? But every time we have met, we have seen only one?"

"Yes, I know. Their younger daughter works in Bangalore. She doesn't come home much. I met her last year. You were at a business trip then." Then she starts rambling about how polite and well-mannered she is and how she would have asked for her hand if Divya was already married. "Maybe I should talk to Anjali and see if Aaradhya wants to get married first- ". Good, she is distracted. I should just leave quietly.

"Hey! Where are you going? This boy! Whether you like it or not, I am setting up a meeting for you with Divya. If you say no this time, I swear-". I didn't listen the rest as I quickly ran off.

Looks like I'm finally getting married.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Hello everyone, how are you all doing?

First of all, I want to thank you for giving this story a chance. I'll try my best to not disappoint you.

Please vote, comment and share the book.