pilot

my first day of 8th grade wow. I was homeschooled my entire life, why? my parents are dead strict.
they thought sending me to public school was going to put me down a bad path in life, but then my parents got a divorce. I live with mom right now but nobody really has any time to homeschool me so she has no choice but to send me to public school

 I live with mom right now but nobody really has any time to homeschool me so she has no choice but to send me to public school

i wore my usual, casual clothes. I don't really know what people wear to school to be honest so I looked on Pinterest for some help.
I headed down stairs where my mother greated me with what looked like a 3 course meal. she's scared for me, I can see it in her eyes.
"Morning sweetheart I've made you breakfast for your first day of school,"
she says, she gestures to the table.
"mum you know I'm not a breakfast person"
I respond as I take a gulp of orange juice.
"well I think you should be one today, high school is tough you know!"
"I'm sure I'll be fine,"
"well Mrs kone is picking you up in 5 minutes okay?"
Mrs kone was my mom's friend in the area, from what I know she car pools like 4 other kids including her own so I was pretty nervous.
a couple minutes pass and I finally see the car pull up, I hug my mum and run out the door.
I slide open the door of the car only to see a boy sitting there on the opposite side. he looks asian, he's kinda fit.
"hello y/n, exited for your first day?" Mrs kone asks
"sure little nervous but,"
the boy looks up,
"you don't exactly look like a seventh grader,"
"bit rude?"
"no but like, she looks like a seventh grader you look so much more put together than her,"
he gestures to one of the girls in the back, I didn't even notice them but one of them had a bowl cut and the other girl had blond choppy hair.
"well I'm not a seventh grader so,"
I respond to his question.
"eighth?"
"yea"
"show me ur schedule"
I handed him my time table, his hand brushed against mine.
"sweet we've got 3 classes together,"
he says.
"ok calm down I don't even know ur name,"
"shuji,"
"y/n"
the car stops as another boy walks up.
he's small, fat head, bad hair, seventh grader.
he opens my door and I jump,
"who r u"
"y/n,eighth grader"
"ight ur hot now move ur in my seat"
shuji raises his eyes,
"what the fuck did you do to your hair maya" the boy says.
"shut up Sam it looks good on her" the blond one says.
I have no choice but to sit in the middle so i shimmey over.
shuji looks at me from the corner of his eye.
I can feel our knees touching but I don't really pay much attention.