1.

Lily's POV:

I sprawl on the overstuffed couch in my cozy living room, my laptop balanced precariously on my lap. Across from me, Sophie perches on the edge of the armchair, her eyes scanning the screen as I click through vacation rentals.

"Okay, hear me out," I say, pointing to a hotel out on a beautiful resort. "Imagine waking up to the sound of waves splashing and the smell of salt. It's perfect for a weekend getaway, don't you think?"

Sophie leans forward, her blonde curls bouncing with excitement. "I love it! It's the perfect thing we need to escape the madness of work and the city and just relax!"

I grin, relieved that she shares my enthusiasm. Ever since James mentioned getting away from everything, I've been itching to plan a trip with our closest friends. A weekend away from the hustle and bustle, surrounded by fun and good company—it's exactly what we all need.

"Let's invite James, Ryan and Ethan too," Sophie suggests, scrolling through her phone to send them a text. "The more, the merrier, right?"

I nod in agreement, already picturing our little group gathered around a crackling fire, sharing stories and making memories. James and Ethan have been like brothers to me for as long as I can remember, and I know they'll appreciate the chance to unwind and reconnect.

A few moments later, Sophie grins triumphantly. "They're in! Ethan and Ryan say they'll bring the drinks, and James is already packing."

I laugh, imagining Ethan's serious expression as he prepares for our outdoor adventure. Despite his gruff exterior, he's always been a sucker for nature and the great outdoors. I can't wait to see him in his element, surrounded by trees and fresh air.

With the trip officially planned, Sophie and I spend the rest of the afternoon brainstorming ideas for activities and packing lists. Before we know it, the sun has dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow through the windows of my cozy apartment.

As Sophie gathers her things to leave, I give her a tight hug, feeling a surge of excitement for the vacation planned. "Thanks for helping me plan, Soph. This is going to be epic."

She grins, her eyes sparkling with anticipation. "Anytime, Lil. I can't wait to hit the road with our favorite guys. It's going to be a weekend to remember."

With a final wave, Sophie disappears into the hallway, leaving me alone with my thoughts and the promise of an unforgettable getaway on the horizon. As I curl up on the couch, the anticipation of our lakeside adventure fills me with a sense of joy and excitement that I haven't felt in a long time.